Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel Tales: "You're on Tape" Edition (LONG)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel Tales: "You're on Tape" Edition (LONG)

I'm recording this

[BG] Sometimes, when you log on to the Third Party Retailers for hotel rooms, they present a rate, but the hotel has blocked them from actually booking a room. This happens when we are busy and/or our rate is much higher than those sites offer. After midnight, many times the rates quoted are for the NEW day, while the Hotel is still on the OLD day. [/BG]

A young man and woman come to the desk, and ask for a room. I quote a rate of $119.99. They counter that Priceline has a rate for us at $69.99. I ask them if they can book it at that rate, and she is certain she can. I let them know if they can book it at that rate, I would honor it (I know full well that the system has been locked out for the 3rd party retailers). So they attempt to book it online. I also mention, since it is after midnight, that they need to make sure the reservation is for the night of the 28th, otherwise I won't be able to check them until the actual day of their reservation (ie: if it's for the 29th, after 3pm).

She asks a question as to the actual date (technically, 29th, but business wise the 28th) and I answer her question.

GM comes to the desk, and I mention that the people on the computer are trying to book through Priceline. He says it is locked out, I tell him that I know this. He then goes to monitor the Lounge. A minute or so later he calls the desk, and tells me NOT to sell them a room when they are done (he later said he sensed trouble). I use the opportunity of him on the phone to act like I am selling my last room, and then inform the person's that I just sold out.

That's when the FUN begins.

They tell me that they heard what I said, and that they recorded it. I said they heard me sell my last room. They said I was rude, and now I am getting angry, so I tell them as I have no more rooms to sell, they are now trespassing and need to leave. She asks for my name, I say she can read it on my name tag. I then tell her she needs to leave now. (This whole thing took about two minutes, with them causing a scene). As they walk out the door, she asks to speak with my manager, and I inform her that he was the gentleman I was just speaking to. She says she will call back to speak to him (and corporate), and that I will be out of a job.

I immediately inform GM of what transpired, then some guests that are in the Lobby, inform me that they are camping out in their car. I go out, inform them that they have til I get back to my desk to vacate the property or I will call the police. They accuse me of being a racist (they are black) and am harassing them. I repeat that they are on private property and need to leave, and a third (who never entered) insisted that my parking lot was public property. The woman then said that she would be calling the cops herself, as I was now harassing her.

I went back into the building, and with my manager's permission, proceeded to look up the non emergency number for the local State Police barracks. While I was doing this, the Lobby Guests informed me that a cruiser had just pulled up. I looked out the window, and they had pulled along side the Troublemakers vehicle.

After a few minutes, the phone rang. I recognized the voice of the Female Troublemaker after I made my introduction.

FT: Can I speak to the manager?
    Me: My manager is not available right now, is there anything else I can help you with?
    FT: Get me your manager, I want to make a complaint.
    Me: My manager is not available right now, is there anything else I can help you with?
    FT: I want to make a complaint, get me your manager. You're denying me my right to make a complaint.
    Me: <sternly> It is 1230 in the morning. I am the only person you are going to speak with. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    FT: What's your name?
    Me: I gave you my name at the beginning of the call. I s there anything else I can help you with?
    <rinse and repeat for two iterations>
    FT: I'll just call back and get your name then!
    Me: Thank you , and have a good day.

They never called again.

Final note: She said the title every time I talked with her. Also, the police NEVER came into the hotel to talk with me. I have a feeling they just laughed them off.

That does not alter reality

A guest comes down to the desk and asks for 2 extra towels. We S/O last night, so I have run out of extra towels. He is upset about this, and I tell him that I can leave a note for HK to deliver some to him, but it might be a while since they may need to do Laundry first. He isn't happy about it, and I leav e a note about the request for HK.

He returns not 1 minute later, asking if I am sure we S/O (ie: isn't there a room you could get some towels from). I inform him that is the case. He then asks if there is a manger he can talk to. I tell him that the manager will be in at 4PM, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't have any towels.

SC
    Last edited by BroSCFischer; 07-29-2012, 11:26 AM. Reason: Stecond Sory
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Good god, how do you put up with it? Especially that family. I hate hearing about when people play the race card, it stabs and shreds the last shreds of hope I had for humanity. *pats on back and hands over a beer.*

Comment

Since when does anyone have "A right to make a complaint"?

As long as you're on private property, any employee of that property can tell you to turn your bitching off and get the heck out.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Side note: Whenever I hear any of these customers saying "I KNOW MAH RIGHTS!" I flash back to the hill billy guy in Bad Boys 2
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

WTF Hotels can't RUN OUT OF TOWELS!! Hotels are lands of endless towels, fluffy, white, infinite towels.

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
            WTF Hotels can't RUN OUT OF TOWELS!! Hotels are lands of endless towels, fluffy, white, infinite towels.
            That's just infinitowel.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
              Side note: Whenever I hear any of these customers saying "I KNOW MAH RIGHTS!" I flash back to the hill billy guy in Bad Boys 2
              What's sad is when you actually hear a customer yelling that exact phrase.

Comment

UPDATE:

Per my manager, the woman called back to complain. He just asked her what she wanted him to do about it. She said she was going to call corporate, and he told her to go ahead.

He really doesn't care what she has to say.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  UPDATE:

Per my manager, the woman called back to complain. He just asked her what she wanted him to do about it. She said she was going to call corporate, and he told her to go ahead.

He really doesn't care what she has to say.

SC
                  Walter: She woke up that morning, jumped on her bitch-cycle and ran my ass over.
                  It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                    He returns not 1 minute later, asking if I am sure we S/O (ie: isn't there a room you could get some towels from).
                    You mean he's travelling and he doesn't know where his towel is? Not much of a hitch hiker is he?

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                      You mean he's travelling and he doesn't know where his towel is? Not much of a hitch hiker is he?
                      Oh, he could be... just won't be a cool frood. Or is not as sane as an emu on acid.
                      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

What's irking is that we booked a suite this last week, booked for 9 persons (3 adults, 1 teen and 3 younger kids). HK left 4 towels! The front desk was nice enough to give me enough to get us by until HK came by the next day. We still didn't get enough towels for the entire group. We didn't complain, though, as it was a full house and we only had to ask.

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
                          What's irking is that we booked a suite this last week, booked for 9 persons (3 adults, 1 teen and 3 younger kids). HK left 4 towels! The front desk was nice enough to give me enough to get us by until HK came by the next day. We still didn't get enough towels for the entire group. We didn't complain, though, as it was a full house and we only had to ask.
                          I wonder if HK are told how many people are in each room, or if they are just required to go through and give the standard amount of towels/shampoo/etc amenities for the type of room.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                            I have this terry 'poncho' [no idea what to call it, it isn't a bathrobe. It covers me and goes to the floor] that I travel with. Get out of the shower, put it on and wander around until I am dry. No rough towel abrasions And I have a couple of the turbie towels for my hair. I got it from one of those fat broad clothing catalogs [silhouette maybe?] something like 10 years ago. I swear if they brought them back I would buy 3 or 4 more in a heartbeat!
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

This is true only at the Grand Hotel.

Comment

Working...
                              X