This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    I sure would like to take a peek inside her entitled head just to study it and see how in the Hell does she equate a hotel with a residential area
    2 words - Sim. City.
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Well and that's just it. The nights with the band the bar makes MORE than enough to cover any comped rooms. I'd say about a third of our revenue for the week is made friday and saturday in the bar/restaurant alone. We also have plenty of people who come specifically for the bar and restaurant, and stay so that they can overindulge. If only there was a way to know who these people were in advance so we could put them in the worst rooms.

I also think that since not everyone asks to be comped they figure sell the rooms and hope for the best while they work for a better solution. Otherwise the rooms would just sit empty and have no chance of generating revenue (if we just refused to sell them for instance).

Can you imagine if sim city really worked that? "Old biddy changes your commercial district to residental with the help of police!"

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Here ya go . . . Chocolate Cake

:
        one of his best routines. and as a Father yes I did that once or twice.

The only routine that is better is The Chicken Heart
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Skarredmind View Post
          Well and that's just it. The nights with the band the bar makes MORE than enough to cover any comped rooms. I'd say about a third of our revenue for the week is made friday and saturday in the bar/restaurant alone. We also have plenty of people who come specifically for the bar and restaurant, and stay so that they can overindulge. If only there was a way to know who these people were in advance so we could put them in the worst rooms.

I also think that since not everyone asks to be comped they figure sell the rooms and hope for the best while they work for a better solution. Otherwise the rooms would just sit empty and have no chance of generating revenue (if we just refused to sell them for instance).

Can you imagine if sim city really worked that? "Old biddy changes your commercial district to residental with the help of police!"

If they are making a reservation by phone for a weekend date could you innocently ask, "Are you interested in the bar and restaurant that we have on location?" They may think that "Hey, sweet they'll give me a room really close to it!" when really you're gathering intel to give them the worse rooms.
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Not to play SC advocate or any thing but.... If I'm paying to stay at an expensive hotel and the band is crazy loud I would probably become a bi-ch lol. I probably wouldn't bother the desk but my boyfriend who can sleep through any thing would suffer lol

Comment

Otherwise the rooms would just sit empty and have no chance of generating revenue (if we just refused to sell them for instance).
              Or you could leave those rooms for the idiots who say "What do you mean you're sold out! I know you have a room squirreled away for EWs like me who don't plan ahead and expect the world to work around my lack of preparation!"

"Oh no, looks like you've found out our secret, sir/madam. Here's the keys to room 1313. Enjoy your stay..."

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
                Not to play SC advocate or any thing but.... If I'm paying to stay at an expensive hotel and the band is crazy loud I would probably become a bi-ch lol. I probably wouldn't bother the desk but my boyfriend who can sleep through any thing would suffer lol
                I'm in agreement here, if I'm renting a room to sleep I expect to sleep and not have the walls shaking from the band. Does your hotel make it clear that there _is_ a loud band those nights before customers check in? If I wasn't told this and checked in, only to find out about it when the noise didn't stop at 9pm, you'd find me in quite a rage!

Comment

Quoth hotelslave View Post
                  Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  I'm in agreement here, if I'm renting a room to sleep I expect to sleep and not have the walls shaking from the band. Does your hotel make it clear that there _is_ a loud band those nights before customers check in? If I wasn't told this and checked in, only to find out about it when the noise didn't stop at 9pm, you'd find me in quite a rage!
                  Yup, I agree too, the noise is an issue. That, as I said above ISN'T the reason they were SC's. I know you probably don't realize this (Why would you? I didn't elaborate hugely above. :-D ) but I REALLY go above and beyond to do EVERYTHING that is IN MY POWER to help the folks having the issues.

But, there comes a point where my powers of Night Auditing come to an end, and a manager simply NEEDS to take over.

So, not an SC's advocate, Hotelslave, you're being an advocate for the reasonable folks out there, who are, rightfully so, upset by the nonsense of a live band in an outside bar attached to a busy hotel.

Personally, eltf, I would be in a rage too. But I wouldn't browbeat and threaten hotel staff about it. That's what made the guest an SC. Treating me like I woke up that morning plotting to keep them, personally, up all night. That is where the SC issues come from.

Comment

How many of the rooms can hear the noise? I ask 'cause one hotel I used to stay in in Vancouver was above a dance club that they also owned and they had certain rooms above the club - for those rooms they had a package deal: room + VIP entry to the club + a food/beverage voucher (they also put a basket of condoms in those rooms).
                    I was told it was a "win/win" for them - the rooms not above the club were quieter (as in you couldn't hear the club but could still hear sirens, hookers fighting, drunks singing - you know, the usual downtown lullaby) and could go to non-clubbing tourists.
                    Maybe you could suggest something like that to the manager?

Comment

EW "I just wanted to know what time breakfast is tomorrow."

Me "Sure, the restaurant opens at 6:30 am and breakfast runs until 10am"

EW "My kids have a 8:30am game tomorrow. I was calling to find out if you can put out breakfast early for them."

Me "No, I am sorry, breakfast is handled by the restaurant, they have a chef who comes in to cook it, and servers who-"

EW "What the hell? You're beating around the bush man! I just want to know whether you can put out breakfast early tomorrow or not!"
                      If this is a frequent occurrence (wanting an early start on breakfast), could you find out nearby places that are open before 6:30, and let the sucktomers know?

alt-Me: 2 blocks east of us is a McDonalds that opens for breakfast at 5:00. 3 miles south is a Denny's that's open 24 hours a day.

You'd be helping the guests by letting them know where they can get an early breakfast, even though they can't get it at your hotel.

If it's a particular group of rooms that's always affected, would it be possible to offer a (small) discount on them, and when people are checking in, let them know that certain rooms will be noisy because of the band in the bar, so these rooms are discounted by $X, but since guests are made aware of this noise prior to check-in and are offered the option of a noisy room at a discount or a quiet one at the regular price, the discount is the only compensation for the noise? Someone who's planning on partying at the bar wouldn't be in their room while the noise is going on, so they'd jump at the discount.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X