This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Marmalady View Post
    Now out in your nearest bookstore - Fifty Shades of Entitlement.......
    Damn, you beat me to it!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

What is it about your job (and I loooooove your posts, btw) that makes people TELL you what YOU are GOING to do?

It's like a compulsion on their part!
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Now out in your nearest bookstore - Fifty Shades of Entitlement.......
        Marmalady, may I pleeeease use this for my sig?

Darn it, where's a begging smiley when you need one?!
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

LOL @ BroSC

Totally agree with him though. Or I'd just sit there and not say anything until he hung up.

If a manager came back about it. Well... he yelled at me for talking several times, so I just stopped. I thought thats what he wanted?

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            Marmalady, may I pleeeease use this for my sig?

Darn it, where's a begging smiley when you need one?!
            Feel free!
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Feel free!
              Woo hoo! Thanks!
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                Guest: shut your mouth when you're being talked to.......you're going to give me the $110 refundable and then you are going to ask my forgiveness for trying to rip me off.
                No. No I'm not.

You've been given your options, A or B. There never was an option of "DX squared."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Guest: you're ripping me off....ok you know what you're pissing me off so here is what is going to happen. First, you're going to beg me to book this room and you're going to offer me the $110 as a REFUNDABLE rate
                  "I'm going to beg you to yourself sideways with a rusty boat anchor."
                  Guest: dont transfer me to someone else because if you do, I will blow up.
                  "Ooh! Like that guy in Scanners?! I wanna see that! Please hold."

I agree with the others, "douchebag" is a good start but doesn't quite cover it. Stuck-up, egotistical, arrogant, narcissistic entitlement whore...we're getting closer to the mark.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Dave, I swear you make up these stories ! (-:

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                      What is it about your job (and I loooooove your posts, btw) that makes people TELL you what YOU are GOING to do?

It's like a compulsion on their part!

Some people just seem to think if they sound intimidating and order the employee around they'll get what they want.

I had a customer try that on my supervisor. He raised his voice and started saying "YOU WILL GIVE ME A COMPLETE DISCOUNT... bla bla bla". but to some ... this is how they think you get what you want.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        Some people just seem to think if they sound intimidating and order the employee around they'll get what they want.

I had a customer try that on my supervisor. He raised his voice and started saying "YOU WILL GIVE ME A COMPLETE DISCOUNT... bla bla bla". but to some ... this is how they think you get what you want.
                        Indeed - case in point: http://notalwaysright.com/ill-temper...ctations/22252
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          Dave, did you have to bring your vacay rental customers with you?
                          He must have, and they still all sound like HAL in my head

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I've had similiar things like that happen to me.

Our online rates are cheaper for an advanced (2 weeks) purchase, but some people want that cheaper rate for a same day or same week reservation. They immediately see the cheaper rate and think it applies to every reservation.

Some proceed to cuss at me and basically imply that I am stupid and don't know how to do my job.

Comment

I kept waiting for Dave to say the customer demanded a blow job on top of everything else.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                                Yikes! I hope the OP explained to Mommie Dearest that acting like a spoiled toddler in public only makes her look like a nasty bully and embarrassed the hell out of the OP.
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X