Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with split payment methods.

We don't have an integrated system, and for some reason we can't enter an amount for cards which means that we have to enter the cash first. This means that we have to run the card for the amount they specify and wait for it to be cleared. Subtract that amount from the total, enter the cash and give change, then, finally hit the charge button on the register.

A pain to describe, a bigger pain to do.

I fucking hate it when people do that. It only says one thing, that they are playing it too close to the edge, financially.

GAAAAHHH!!!

Yeah I hate that. But what I hate worse are the people, like one I had tonight - and get on a regular basis - that want to pay cash for part and debit for part. Okay, I get that. But when I enter the cash, tell you the remaining balance and you then swipe your debit?

Is it really smart to then take cash out in the same transaction? Really?? What was the point of giving me cash in the first place? :: gah ::

Comment

I never had a problem with it. It was take cash, enter amount, swipe card for balance, total it out for receipt. Super easy. I don't care how they pay as long as they do. If they're paycheck to paycheck and that's what they need to do, more power to them for figuring it out.

Hopefully you guys get a better system for those kinds of transactions. Definitely sounds like a pain to deal with.

Comment

I don't have a problem with it at work (though we can enter each amount regardless, so it's not hard/annoying at all) and I have done this as a customer. I don't usually carry cash, so it has nothing to do with me being "on the edge financially" and everything to do with me just wanting to get rid of the cash I have on me. Sometimes I have transactions with customers where two friends or siblings are splitting the cost between them and sharing what they are buying and both paying a different way (or the same way and two different debit cards). There are many other reasons for wanting to split payment =)

Comment

*hangs head*

Mom And I do that sometimes when we don't catch the split of orders fast enough or if she is paying me back for something through getting me some groceries.

Sorry, didn't realize we were being such pains.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post

Sorry, didn't realize we were being such pains.
            I wouldn't worry about it I think it's more the process of Juggler's register that creates the hatred for those transactions.

That's why I didn't mind them at all. The registers here made them a breeze. Both at the card/gift shop and when I worked at the college bookstore way back when. It was common at the bookstore because mom/dad and son/daughter would both take part. Especially one just one textbook costs $150 easy and you need multiple books for your program. It wouldn't take long for a bill to be $600+. Not everyone can pay that in one shot with one method.

I remember on more than one occasion a customer would ask for a split payment and be really nervous and embarrassed. I'd always tell them not to be! haha.
            Last edited by Slayer; 08-04-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

And it helps if they say up front, can I split the payment? That way you can tell them what way your system is set up to handle it best. "OK I will need the cash first please."

Comment

Working...
              X