This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't tell me what coupons we can take

Had a couple come through the self checkout yesterday shortly after I arrived to work. They handed me two coupons. I noticed one was printed from another store. It had the store logo on it and everything. I told them I couldn't take it, even asked the floor supervisor that was walking by and he said we couldn't take it. I handed it back to them, all the while, them complaining because we had taken it before, and it had scanned and everything. I promptly told them that who ever took it wasn't supposed to and repeated that we couldn't take the coupon.

They took it back and didn't say anything else, but then I saw them go stand in line at the customer service desk. I later asked the CSM that was in there about it, and she said they still tried to argue with her about it. She explained in detail why we couldn't take it, which basically is because the other store would get the money for it, not us. The customers said they knew all this. Ok then why keep complaining and insisting that we take it?? >.<

Quoth pltkcelestial18 View Post
    because the other store would get the money for it, not us. The customers said they knew all this. Ok then why keep complaining and insisting that we take it?? >.<
    Because it doesn't matter if your store makes money. It doesn't matter if the payroll checks bounce, or no vendors get paid, or the electricity gets shut off. It's inconvenient to go to the store that issued the coupon to save SIXTY FARKING CENTS!

SC priorities - gotta love 'em.

Comment

I know the Mart of Wal will take coupons with other store names on them. Everyone else pretty much says no. If you're told no, accept it and move on. Not that hard.

Comment

Evil Happy Face will not take them, where I live.

I should pitch a hissy fit! Hissy fit!
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Actually it depends on what type of coupon prints out. Sometimes those coupon printers print off a manufacturer's coupon, that can be used at any store. I have used them everywhere. I also have taken them where I work. The difference is that it says manufacturer coupon on the top and also has a UPC (like coupons in the paper). The manufacturer pays for the company to put these out.

Yes, they do say the other company's name but that is so that when the customer sees the coupon they think to go back company. But I guess in this instance, it wasn't a manufacturer coupon but a store one and they just couldn't understand why it couldn't be used.

Comment

Working...
          X