This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aethian View Post
    Actually if a fish is smelling or tasting fishy it is because the fish has gone bad. Every fish has it's own flavor and if your one to eat enough fish and known the taste it has then you can tell when the fish has started to go off even after being cooked.
    I meant more in the sense of that it's a fish, so technically, whatever it smells or tastes like is fishy - might be bad fishy, or good fishy, but as it is a fish, it can only smell or taste like a fish.

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
    Have I ever mentioned I love you? You say the greatest things and don't take no crap from no one!
    aw shucks

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      SC: It's raining.
      Me: Yes it is. Some summer, eh?
      SC: I would like to eat in the beer garden.
      Me: Right.
      SC: But it's raining.
      Me: I know. I'd love to be outside in a beer garden too right now.
      SC: You're not understanding me. I want to eat outside, but it's raining. What are you going to do about it?
      Me: What?
      SC: What are you going to do?
      Me: I don't think there's anything I can do.
      SC: *sighs and walks away, giving me a look as if I was the idiot in the conversation*
      Me: I'm sorry, Sir. We haven't perfected our force field technology yet. There's still quirks in the system and the results are rather undesirable.
      SC: What do you mean, undesirable?
      Me: Well, it did let you in here.....

Or at least that's what my imagination tacked on for you.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Didn't you get an idiot last year who went out & tried to wipe the tables during a rainfall, and who looked very confused when the tables continued to get wet? Must have been a relative of this idiot.

CRML, if I ever get to visit England again I'm going to visit your pub and take notes. When one of your crazy customers asks me why, I'll say I'm taking notes for a book about bad customer behavior.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
          I guess I'm gonna watch you get wet while you're outside eating in the rain.
          Waiter: "Well, we actually have a retractable roof."

Customer: "But then I'll be inside again!"

Waiter:
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

SC: The sausage is burnt. The egg is too runny. The toast looks like it hasn't seen the inside of a toaster and it looks as though you've given me the last scraps of bacon! Take them back! This is not on!
            This one dings a good 7 out of 10 on the ol' Scammer Scale, to me >_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I always thought I myself was a fussy eater, simply because I'm very picky about foods I like and don't like. Very little grey area.

However, and I know it's silly to keep digging up old beaten horses, but my last boyfriend is, in my opinion, the epitome of a truly fussy eater. I would bet a paycheck there are toddlers who are easier to get to eat than this manbaby.

The whole time we dated, I honestly do not think there was one time he actually enjoyed food that we had out to eat, unless of course, he picked the place to eat, which he always played a passive aggressive game of making me choose where to eat, so then he could find something to dislike about the food....but if I forced him to chose, he'd sulk and be a baby about having to choose.

Anywho, I made a thread on Fratch about it. This guy was epic in the sense that he was a fucking baby about perfectly good food. Everywhere we went. Seriously. Fries too soggy. This burger's gross. Why is it gross, I'd ask.....Whadunno it's just gross! Throwing away half a freaking footlong sub because it was "nasty", and he absolutely refused to save it for someone else or let me give it to someone else. He'd refuse to listen to any suggestions I had at places he'd never eaten before and go rogue and pick what he wanted, then absolutely hate it and sulk about it.

So glad I ditched that loser.

After that experience, on top of the couple of times I worked at restaurants as a teen, I too wonder why people who are that freaking fussy go out to eat. Oh, I do know! It's fun to play mind games with normal people!
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

SC: You're not understanding me. I want to eat outside, but it's raining. What are you going to do about it?
                Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                Did they think there was a huge button somewhere you could push to make the rain stop?
                At least we know who to blame for the crappy summer. Someone in CRML's pub has been leaning on the rain button...
                I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Did they think there was a huge button somewhere you could push to make the rain stop?
                  It's not a button, it's a dial.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SC: It's raining.
                    Me: Yes it is. Some summer, eh?
                    SC: I would like to eat in the beer garden.
                    Me: Right.
                    SC: But it's raining.
                    Me: I know. I'd love to be outside in a beer garden too right now.
                    Me: What?
                    SC: What are you going to do?
                    Me: I don't think there's anything I can do.
                    SC: *sighs and walks away, giving me a look as if I was the idiot in the conversation*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Huh...wha...HUH?? This makes me weep - it is a prime example for why it should be socially acceptable to flatly tell sucktomers to fuck off if they can't live in reality and make any sense whatsoever. Guess you should keep a tarp and a couple of stakes behind the bar until then for those with, ahem, stratospheric expectations.

Comment

SC: There wasn't any cheese on our burger.
                      Me: Oh. I'm sorry, did you order cheese?
                      SC: Yes we did. And we didn't get it. We are not happy.
                      Well, if you return your burgers to me in about half an hour to an hour, I'll throw some cheese on it and you can eat it again. How's that grab you?

Manager just about face-palmed. SC screeched "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T ALLOW OUTSIDE FOOD? I'M NOT PAYING YOUR PRICES!!!!"
                      Later at the lobby of the movie theater: WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T WATCH FAMILY GUY DVDS IN THE LOBBY? I'M NOT PAYING ADMISSION PRICES.

One moment ma'am.

SC: I think your tuna is a bit too fishy! It might be off!
                      Were you expecting it to be chicken?

Comment

Well obviously she wanted you to create a magical rain shield with your mind powers, wipe down a table of her choice with the clothes on your back, and carry her to said table so she wouldn't get her feet wet. Y'know, because she can't be expected to bring an unbrella or eat inside when it rains. That's just too difficult!
                        Answers: $1
                        Correct Answers: $2
                        Answers that require thought: $5
                        Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Yes. Whoever heard of staying indoors when it's raining?

Oh wait - almost everyone.
                          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIjvyVfpbk

Maybe he is kin to this lady.
                            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIjvyVfpbk

Maybe he is kin to this lady.
                              So not only is there a weather control satellite, CustomersRuinMyLife's restaurant has access to it?! Dayum, no wonder that other woman brought her own food! His food must be really expensive to offset that overhead!
                              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                              Fiancee: What?!
                              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Blas, I worked with someone like that. Every day at lunch she'd toss out half her food because "it just doesn't taste right." She'd take two bites out of an apple and chuck the rest because "there's something wrong with it." Every. Day.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X