This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Days Of Suck Part 4: Fifty Shades Of Too Short

Part 3 there, part 2 here, part 1 yonder.

I was originally going to call this thread "The Trick" because...well, there wasn't much suck to begin with. No blood, either. I'm wondering if someone is trying to lull me into a false sense of security before tomorrow's epic day of suck.

Anyway.

Fifty Shades Of Too Short

I am short. Five feet high and somewhat unhappy about it. The racks at my pharmacy are high, about level with the top of my head. Today, I had at least five people comment about how short I was. I gave the death glare to one woman who was not much taller than I am. Yet even she felt the need to comment on how short I was.

"You know, it's like saying I'm too bald or too fat. Nobody comments on those but everyone comments on my height."

She shut up.

Little Bits Of Copper

Pennies everywhere. No, not Minty Fresh (thank fuck) but so many people had totals with pennies (ie a purchase coming to $15.01) and fumbled about in their purse/man purse/pocket/wallet for the pennies. Eventually I just collected a pile of pennies from people who rejected their change and just stuffing the pennies in for them. I hate giving people back huge handfuls of change, I like giving people back even totals.

God's Gift To Swine Has A Girlfriend

He came in accompanied by the supposed love of his life who is supposed to be dead or in Florida. Surprisingly, GGTS laid off the flirting in front of her. But when he came in earlier, sans girlfriend, he resumed flirting and bothering S3, who kept her responses polite, short and concentrated on putting away the tote of skincare she was working on.

One more day of this.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

People bitching at someone cause they're short always made me wonder. What do they expect you to do about it? Crawl into some machine & get stretched out? Blame your parents? Take 2 pills & see if that works & if it doesn't then bark at the doctor who prescribed it?

Comment

Commenting on someone's height is the same as commenting on their weight. It's personal. I would never comment on a stranger's height anymore than I would on their weight.

Re: the pennies....I have an easy solution for that. When I have to pay a total like $15.01 and I have the fifteen in bills, I hand over the bills, then grab a fistful of change out of my wallet (it's really just a small zippered purse). 99% of the time I get several of each coin, so I can quickly pick out a penny and give it to the cashier. Only takes a few seconds and then I drop the rest of the change back in the purse, take my receipt and my purchases, and GTFO of everybody's way.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Commenting on someone's height is the same as commenting on their weight. It's personal. I would never comment on a stranger's height anymore than I would on their weight.
        Commenting on height is even worse because with weight, you have the ability to affect it. With height, you can't do a thing about it. Well, in theory you can, but it only works going one way, and it's going to make a mess....
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          He came in accompanied by the supposed love of his life who is supposed to be dead or in Florida. Surprisingly, GGTS laid off the flirting in front of her.
          Y'all missed the perfect opportunity to have all of the ladies working there swarm him give him their (fake) phone numbers, pretend that they had reconsidered his lovely proposals, etc, with the girlfriend standing right there. If he tries to stop you, have everyone drop the act and comment, loudly, that he flirts with y'all every time he comes in...

One way or the other, you may never be bothered by him again ...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            well, there wasn't much suck to begin with. No blood, either.
            Am I the only one confused with the lack of blood in these stories? I mean I would be so sad if ralerin got injured at work, but the opening statement had me think she had. So I was confused.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Commenting on someone's height is the same as commenting on their weight. It's personal. I would never comment on a stranger's height anymore than I would on their weight. .
            To be honest, commenting on someone's height is more like comment on someone's ethnicity. "My you are awfully Latina aren't you?" "Are your parents black too?" I mean, it's genetic you can't do much about it.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Paging Dr. Procrustes, stat!

* the originator of "One size fits all!"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Height - or any other body characteristic - yeah, it's not as if you didn't know. Like having a piece of lettuce stuck to your teeth that everyone else can see but you.

Like ... "You're short!"
                "What? Get it off me!"

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                  I am short. Five feet high and somewhat unhappy about it. The racks at my pharmacy are high, about level with the top of my head..
                  Back when I worked at the Aid of Rite, about 11-12 years ago, one store that was two towns over from me (and this is in Nawth Joisey, where we call towns what other areas would call neighborhoods) had a pharmacist who was very tall. Also a control freak.

He started his stock shelves at about four feet off the ground and went right up almost to the ceiling. (Most pharmacies start from a few inches above the floor and end at about six feet up.) He also had his data-entry terminal so high that when I floated in his store, I had to sit on a stepladder to see the screen (it was literally above my eye level when I was standing on the floor, and I'm 5'8" with my shoes on). This guy had a phenomenal tech, and yet he wouldn't let her do anything but run the register and count tablets. Not even pull stuff off the shelves, and I think that's why he had them up so high, so she couldn't reach. She was a retired RN, for pete's sake. She knew her stuff, why not let her help?

(They were thinking of putting me in that store permanently as the second pharmacist, but we both knew that if we were stuck in the same building fulltime, if he didn't kill me, I'd kill him, so that didn't happen.)

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                    I am short. Five feet high and somewhat unhappy about it.
                    Just remember, Ralerin - they don't make diamonds as big as bricks.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                      Am I the only one confused with the lack of blood in these stories? I mean I would be so sad if ralerin got injured at work, but the opening statement had me think she had. So I was confused.
                      The opening statement in part 3 had me talking about a perfect quintifectra (?) of suck, that included piss, shit, blood, tears and suck. I hit 4 of them in 2 days, just waiting on the blood to reach all 5 of them. Like the gold metal in the suck Olympics. No, wait, the gold metal would included semen and vomit.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe one of the prostitutes you mentioned in Part 1 will help you reach the gold... ?

Tho I hope not. Still it's only Wednesday...
                        *ducks*

Comment

Well, today would be the fifth and final day of my week of suck. I have a 2 day not-much-of-a-respite because of my other job, then back on this weekend. So I'll say the week isn't over yet.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Y'all missed the perfect opportunity to have all of the ladies working there swarm him give him their (fake) phone numbers, pretend that they had reconsidered his lovely proposals, etc, with the girlfriend standing right there. If he tries to stop you, have everyone drop the act and comment, loudly, that he flirts with y'all every time he comes in...

One way or the other, you may never be bothered by him again ...
                            Evil, evil, evil! This could work . . .

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                              I am short....Today, I had at least five people comment about how short I was. I gave the death glare to one woman who was not much taller than I am. Yet even she felt the need to comment on how short I was.
                              I had a GF who was a foot shorter than me. She liked to remind me: You may be bigger, but I'm meaner.
                              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                              X