This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
    People bitching at someone cause they're short always made me wonder. What do they expect you to do about it? Crawl into some machine & get stretched out? Blame your parents? Take 2 pills & see if that works & if it doesn't then bark at the doctor who prescribed it?
    She could have have her femurs broken and use a modified Ilizerov frame to stretch them as they heal. Severely height challenged people can have this done. I would also assume from the memory of various broken bones that I used an illy frame with that this is fairly painful for what I would consider purely cosmetic.

As this tends to only be in the way of 2.5 cm to 5 cm I wouldn't imagine it worth doing for the amount and tenure of pain involved.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      She could have have her femurs broken and use a modified Ilizerov frame to stretch them as they heal. Severely height challenged people can have this done. I would also assume from the memory of various broken bones that I used an illy frame with that this is fairly painful for what I would consider purely cosmetic.

As this tends to only be in the way of 2.5 cm to 5 cm I wouldn't imagine it worth doing for the amount and tenure of pain involved.

aaaahh!!! I lived through 2 family members having this done, not for cosmetic reasons, but to correct the bowing of their legs

Mom had it done on the thigh - and it took 3 years - she was also on such high doses of hydrocodone that it took a 5 pg rx.

older brother had it done on both the upper and lower legs.... I think that was also about 3 years....

I am also "short" - 4'10" and yes people comment on it a lot.... granted I usually get it at the club, where most people are wearing 3-8 inch platforms, and people meet me when I'm sitting - its not until I stand up, and am not any taller, or I've shrunk that they realize it.... but I have no problem reminding them that in TX 4.10 is a shotgun also, my elbow is *right* at solar-plexus height on most people, especially males; and if I swing my forearm down (straightening my arm) my fist is at another soft-fleshy area of the anatomy.... I have no problem demonstrating this gently, as a warning.... this usually elicits a response of "ooh, she's feisty, i like!"
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

IIRC one of the nieces had to have this done, or might have to when she's older. I don't remember which (she was adopted from an orphanage & had a lot of medical issues including rickets etc).

I mentioned to my boyfriend and his immediate reaction was a painful hiss sound in sympathy.

Comment

>dead or in Florida<

Isn't that the same thing?

Comment

Quoth AngloSaxonViking View Post
            >dead or in Florida<

Isn't that the same thing?
            LMAO I love that!
            If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
            X