Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay! The email account has been set up. Please send all recipes (and any other contributions) to:

csrecipes@yahoo.com

Also, anyone who has an idea for a theme, please contact me. While Jester's idea is very funny, we aren't aiming these delicious recipes at sucky customers.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
      Also, anyone who has an idea for a theme, please contact me. While Jester's idea is very funny, we aren't aiming these delicious recipes at sucky customers.
      How about recipes for dishes that SCs always seem to find fault with?
      Steaks too rare or too overcooked.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        Let me know how many recipes you would like to contribute. I think I'll create a special email account for people to send recipes.
        I will probably contribute a few recipes, but unfortunately, I have three recipes that I will not divulge: my signature chili (though I will probably contribute my lamb chili, which was the bomb), my German stew, and my pasta sauce. Nobody gets these. When my niece Dragon found out that, should I die, she gets the chili recipe (all of them, really, but that's the one we were discussing), she was astounded, and sincerely asked me not to make that information public, as she was worried about potential death threats or somesuch.

Quoth Eireann View Post
        Given that we're an international crew, it would only make sense for measurements and temperatures to be given in metric and imperial measurements.
        You are not going to like what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said.

As the editor/organizer here, the unpleasant truth is that it's kinda your job to take the recipes submitted and convert them to the other measurements. For one thing, most people only have their recipes the one way. But more importantly, requiring them to do the conversions themselves, rather than just submit their recipes, will almost certainly keep some people from contributing. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Quoth Eireann View Post
        While Jester's idea is very funny, we aren't aiming these delicious recipes at sucky customers.
        I never suggested we were, but I do love a book, even a cookbook, with a sense of humor.

How about this:

"Choke on This! (Great recipes from people who deal with not-so-great people.)"

Or something like that. You get the idea.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Ooh, I have a copycat recipe that I came up with on my own and perfected, copying one of my favorite dishes from a restaurant that no longer has franchises in town. Might have to contribute that, if it's allowed. I'll need to make it again and write down exactly what I'm putting into it as I go along before I can send it.

It's basically a homemade version of Semolina's chicken cordon bleu pasta.

Comment

I've got a few simple recipes that I could give, though two at least are so simple and common I might be clashing with others who send in a different recipe for the same thing... >.<
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Are home canning recipes permitted? I have never heard an ill word about my pickles,pasta sauce or blueberry pie filling.
              If not, I'll scare up some of my crockpot recipes.

Consider a CS story from each contributor.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Didn't we do that a few years ago? I think Pedersen set some kind of collection up.
                I have my grandmother's recipe for Swedish Meatballs, though there are no exact measurements in it anymore.

ETA: Here is the thread and here is cookbook(s).
                Last edited by Mikkel; 03-07-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

If anyone has a recipe that doesn't have exact measurements, can you estimate how much of each ingredient is used?

All recipes should be okay, as long as no illegal ingredients are used. Unless I get an enormous flood of recipes, it may take some time to collect enough for a cookbook, and then there's the process of actually putting the book together, so I can't say when it will be ready. But I think it will happen! Theme ideas still welcome.

Comment

Well, here's a starting point: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=79222

I think someone else had a Recipe thread not that long ago, too. *Too lazy to look*

SC
                    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      "Choke on This! (Great recipes from people who deal with not-so-great people.)"
                      I was eating a croissant when I read that, and almost did

Love the idea! Would recipes for preserves be acceptable too?
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Send whatever you want! Right now, I only have one recipe. I will sort through them once I have more than enough.

Comment

I'll have wright out my recipe and figure out weights (it's a packet of this , half a packet of that)

Comment

Sorry about the inexact ingredients, but I couldn't remember the size of the can and the other one is pretty much "to taste".
                            Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                              I think someone else had a Recipe thread not that long ago, too.
                              This one, perhaps?

Note - We also have a CS recipe swap group, maybe ask posters in there it's OK to add theirs to the collection, or vice versa? (Few are still active, tho)
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X