This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new toy!

So the old fireheartmobile (which I christened "Sigrid") finally kicked the bucket at 150,000kms. More or less, the head gasket blew and the mechanic said "We'll fix it up, then just get rid of it." So cue the new car hunt.

We tossed up between a Toyota Corolla, a Holden Astra and a Holden Barina. Now, I've always said that my dream car would either be a Holden Barina or a Toyota Yaris (the latter is the Echo's "successor"). The Barina because my mum had one and I absolutely loved every minute of being in it, as well as how it drove. The Yaris based on the reviews.

My dad's criteria was thus: Under $3000, under 200,000kms, it couldn't be silver and it was preferable to go from a dealer (given the last two private sales were somewhat "lemons")
    My additional criteria to that list was: it couldn't be black, an extra $500 for negotiable price and that it was at LEAST a 1994 model.

I came up with a few Corollas that fit the criteria and shared them with dad. He and mum decided that it was worth Gumtreeing it instead and found me a Holden Barina.

I hereby give you "Enya":

(Note: obviously not my actual car, but this is what it looks like)

And yes, I plan on keeping up the naming trend with the cars. Including my SO's (which has been nicknamed "Thor")
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X