This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
    Random Fun Fact: You know how they made American cheese?

First they make cheese (Mozzarella, cheddar, whatever). Then they take all the sections that they cut off (deformed-looking, too much for the packaging, etc.). Then they take the varied cheese parts and mix them in a vat. I can't remember the technical parts of how, but they blend the cheeses with food color, then package it as American.

(This Random Fun Fact was brought to you by the TV show "How It's Made", and the fact I have seen that episode at least three times.)
    I believe I've seen that episode. I was addicted to Cash Cab and How It's Made before my son got old enough to take over the TV. Now I don't get to watch anything but Backyardians and Diego. I'm lucky the kid likes Avatar and will watch it with us.

By the way. Love the icon. My husband got me the hoodie with that scene on it for Mother's Day. I love my husband!
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

oh my goodness didn't think this would invoke such a large topic of discusion,by the way we do sell Monteray cheese in slices. and we do sell 2 different types of canadian cheddar and ther both bloody loverley
      "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
      set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          agreed! Gross!

I use cheddar at my house. BF hates cheddar so I'm guaranteed not so share.

Lucky. I take one noodle and my dad says "THAT'S ENOUGH!!!"

On the other hand I don't like the crusty bits and I give them to him so he can't complain.

And my mom uses cheddar, too. Medium sharp, I believe.

She also makes a spaghetti sauce (that her mother used to make) which involves Velveeta and stewed tomatoes and I don't know what else. It seriously looks like My brother and I won't touch it.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-07-2008, 06:10 PM. Reason: Oh, yeah. Ew.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I think I just had a mac and cheese orgasm! Just watched Paula Deen take cold Mac and Chhese, cut it into squares and wrap bacon around it. Then coat it in flour and dip it in egg. Then coat it in bread crumbs and deep fry it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Oh Sheldon, I don't know what's worse. My veins screaming in fear of the sheer clogging sound of that you just described, or the fact that my stomach is grumbling and my mouth has watered at the sound of it.
              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

The Cheesecake Factory has fried mac and cheese...

Though i'm not crazy about their regular mac and cheese so I never tried it fried...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                  I think I just had a mac and cheese orgasm! Just watched Paula Deen take cold Mac and Chhese, cut it into squares and wrap bacon around it. Then coat it in flour and dip it in egg. Then coat it in bread crumbs and deep fry it. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
                  I can feel my arteries clogging as I read this.... but it does sound strangely delicious.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                  X