This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry you aren't getting my undivided attention

At my work, we have super dead times where there will be no one in the store, and then times where we have a line with 8,9 or 10 people when we have only two people, maybe three working. (Small Store)

I recently started working days at my job so I was helping a new girl that we just hired, her customer was doing a balloon order so I was ringing my customer and when she needed me I would turn and explain what to do. Now, most people didn't mind, but of course you always have to have that one winner.

I had just done a balloon order, and was helping a couple with another one when I spotted Miss Huffy-pants in line. As I finish them up and they walk to the door she comes up to my register and it goes a little something like this:

Me: Hello, Do you have a return?

Miss.H: OH, Is it my turn, FINALLY?

Me:Let me just call my manager up, I can't do returns without the manager keys

Miss.H:*huffs*(What she does best) Well your manager better hurry

At this point my manager comes up and my co-worker asks me for help so I'm explaining to her what to do.

Manager: Alright. Miss. H just fill out this right here and Globorojo will get you your cash *to me* Don't give her the money till she fills that out, we have had people not filling them out and corporate is getting mad.

I get her money out and I have it in my hand, my drawers closed and my coworker asks for help so I look at miss huffy, she's busy filling out whatever so I quickly help coworker out and then I hear "HEY HEY HEY OVER HERE OVER HERE GIVE ME MY MONEY HUH HOW ABOUT ME HUH?!"(I'm literally two steps away from here,our registers are all connected) I go over and apologize and her parting words are "Yes well next time you'd better pay more attention to me"
    Last edited by GloboRojo; 06-08-2008, 03:13 AM.

..............once more, I'm Struck Speechless.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

We get that at work also. Well it is not my fault, if we are both showing customers some units. Now just hold on for a few seconds, and one of us will help you
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

You had Navi as a customer!
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          Wow, is that yours?
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
            You had Navi as a customer!

Sir (or Ma'am, if appropriate), that is incredibly funny this morning, for some reason. Bonus points for making me *snerk*.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X