This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving soon.

Ok we put in for 'income based housing' some time ago. They had a LARGE waiting list (161 on one, 82 on another), so we knew it would be some time before we got in. (Though they do give preference to disabled/elderly. Both of which my father is, and am also disabled so we did jump a few places up. Anyhow we are now number 8. So it will be any time now.

Pros
    Lower monthly house payment
    Do not have to play utilities
    Move closer to my cousin and my oldest brother
    Bigger place (we have a one story place with a total of 5 rooms right now)
    Get away from a few people who view us as an ATM
    Be able to save a little more up per month to get to England. *squees like a little school girl at the thought*

Cons during moving
    Will be away more while we move. It will take time to get our internet up, etc.

Cons after moving
    Nearer the portion of my family that view me as just slightly better then pond scum.
    We will be renting and never own the place.
    We will be breaking our word to pay for the current place we are in. Which I am not fond of.. I like to pay my obligations if possible but since non of the government refinancing laws helped us, the bank would not work with us .. I just can not do much about.

I will post updates, but mainly just a notice. I will be away but it shouldn't be because I am in the hospital.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Shit happens, it sucks that you will be moving into a rental but I think the pros definitely outweight the cons.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Another good thing is, we don't have to hurry to get out of current house. So we can move most of our furniture and such without having a deadline. Also my nephew decided he will stay at our old place and pay the rent.. so it knocks out one of my cons there *smiles*. Basically we will be renting him the place.. so it will be paid! Yay!
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Have appointment on tuesday for the interview. Wish me luck.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Interview went smoothly, learned we would be paying $250 less in rent/month then what we currently do.. so that is good. They have to do a background check, reference check, and such.. so we will know in two or three weeks. However, since we know that none of us have had any record, and that our references will check out.. pretty much know we should get the place no problem.

Provided Jester hid the bodies like he was supposed to.
                Last edited by Mytical; 02-05-2014, 04:16 AM.

Comment

*fingers crossed*

Great news, Mytical . . . hard part is the waiting for final word now.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Sounds pretty good.

Good luck!
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Just got word. We can move in to our new place starting the 4th of March.

Comment

Well, we are all moved. I have my internet back up and running. Was a lot more expensive then I hoped, but it is DONE. YAY!

Comment

So far so good.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Great. Good luck in your new home.
                            Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                            X