This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just revel a little bit?

I'm just amazed at how things have changed in my life in the last year professionally, and how happy I am. I honestly never believed I could feel as excited about life and work as I do right now. Even my Father, who practically invented the word "pessimist" has told me that I have made all the right decisions.

I started my new job 3 months ago, and I truly have never loved a job as much as I do this one. I wake up *looking forward* to going to work. My co-workers and my boss are amazing, and yesterday my boss told me that she wants to see me move up in the company, and is going to mentor me so that I can. She's been showing me different things that have made it so that I can pretty much cover any position in our store, rotating me through different shifts, with the exception of opening/closing duties (which I start shadowing her to learn about in 2 weeks,) and has told me that my co-workers have come to her to compliment me on how I have done.

I was only originally hired as temp seasonal, but after the New Year, one of the part-timers left, and my co-workers got together with my boss and told her they wanted to see me kept on, so I was given his old position and in addition, each one of my coworkers gave up some time so that I could get 26 hrs/week. I'm just in awe - I've never worked in an environment where everyone has each others back, where you don't have to constantly be looking over your shoulder to make sure you haven't been thrown under a bus. I'm only part time right now, but when I move up to the next level, I'll be full time with full benefits and even bonuses!

Its just so nice to be in such a happy place and I don't just mean where I work. My husband is amazing, and life is pretty darn good. I can't help but think back to where I was personally and professionally 2 years ago - a lot has changed

Thanks for letting me ramble - its nice to share some good news, heaven knows I went through enough BS over the last few years to get here.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Congratulations! You deserve to pat yourself on the back.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Sounds wonderful!
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm happy you're doing so well. May things continue to be wonderful for you and yours!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Congratulations! I can hear the joy in your words.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!

Comment

Wow. That's great.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Today marks 4 months since I started my new job as a Cashier. Last week, my Store Manager told me she wanted to see me advanced to a Team Leader, so go get the responsibility and authority to open and close the store alone. She spoke to the company owner to get authorization to move me up, and be allowed to continue training me (I opened the store yesterday for the first time.) They talked, and He told her that he didn't agree with moving me up only one level, to a Team Leader, instead, as of today, I'm a assistant store manager trainee!!!

When I went up to the break room, all my coworkers were there with a congratulations cake! There wasn't a dry eye in the room. This is a team that works together, and my manager asked for everyone's input beforehand, and they were all in 100% support. Everybody is so happy for me!! I've never worked in an environment like this - where everybody was so supportive of their coworkers - I don't know who was happier!!! I was flabbergasted, and am still floating 100 feet off the ground.

I still have a TON to learn, but I have the authority to learn it, and my Manager told me before I left for the day, "Delta, this is only the beginning!"
                Last edited by DeltaSierra; 03-11-2014, 02:26 AM.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Major hugs!
                  My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

*happy dances with DeltaSierra and anyone else who wants to*
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Yay for the happy dance!
                      My Guide to Oblivion

Comment

Congratulations! Sounds like you've found the right place for you, and have gone in with the right attitude, which has been noticed - good wor

Comment

That sounds absolutely wonderful. You should be proud as well as happy.
                          Seshat's self-help guide:
                          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                          X