Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make creamed cucumbers for my man and he loves them...
    peel cucumbers and place in bowl with water and salt and let soak while mixing sauce.
    container of sour cream
    splash of vinegar (just a splash, I would say less then a teaspoon but can adjust for taste)
    sweetner (I do not like to put sugar in my foods so I use Splenda or you can use any sweetner you want or sugar) I put in enough to get a sweet taste yet still taste the tang of vinegar and sour cream
    salt-dash
    pepper-a little more than a dash
    mix together and set aside

Rinse cucumbers under cold water, drain and mix sauce and cucumbers together.

I usually chill this for a couple of hours so the flavors meld together, you can also add onion to this. It is very delicious and super easy!

Comment

I have the recipie!

Well, kind of. She doesn't use measurements she does the same thing I do and just eyes it up, she uses mayonnaise a little bit of sugar some dill and some red onions. I asked her if she puts any water in it since it doesn't look thick like mayonnaise, she said the water from the cucumbers thins it out and just to dice the onion and cut the cucumber up and give them a really good coating of mayonnaise then add the sugar and dill. She told me it was her mothers recipie and whoever I made it for would love it. However I'm going to make a small change, since I don't like onions (I always pick them out of the salad) I'm going to use some plum tomatoes instead.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Just a suggestion, Zellie....instead of plum tomatoes, try red bell peppers. Closer in texture to onions, and far less acidic than tomatoes, which could really throw the taste of the sauce off kilter.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
        X