This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being sick friggin' sucks...

Took the family out to the restaurant named after a pepper last night.

I had a burger, she had the half rack of ribs, and the little one had pizza.

When the Mrs. and I woke up this morning we realized we were both sick. In a barfing up last night's dinner and having liquid poops kind of way.

The little one is fine. The Mrs. and I think it might have been something having to do with their meat station.

I tried going into work, but ended up driving back home after I got about halfway there because I decorated the front of my shirt, my driver's seat, and the floor board.

Sent an email to the boss, telling him I was ill. I was ill to the point that I didn't even feel like firing up my work laptop.

I hope this is over soon. I took two of those effervescent tablets, and I'm hoping that works.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

My sympathies! Hope you feel better soon!

Might want to let the restaurant know. Not for compensation (unless you feel you should get something), but just so they're aware they might have a problem at the meat station.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh, that is bad. I vote for food-borne illness. And people want to argue with me that I don't need to cook meat to a safe temp....
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        My sympathies! Hope you feel better soon!

Might want to let the restaurant know. Not for compensation (unless you feel you should get something), but just so they're aware they might have a problem at the meat station.
        Well, I am better this morning. The Mrs. hasn't awakened yet, so I don't know about her.

I'll certainly let the restaurant know. I don't think I'm going to ask for any compensation, it'll just be in a "just so you know..." kind of thing.

Food Lady: food-borne illness was my thought, too. The burger looked like it was cooked well-done. I've eaten plenty of red meat that was medium rare to medium and never had an issue.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
          Food Lady: food-borne illness was my thought, too. The burger looked like it was cooked well-done. I've eaten plenty of red meat that was medium rare to medium and never had an issue.
          People ALWAYS blame the last place they ate when symptoms usually take 24-72 hours or longer(systemic listeriosis can take up to six weeks to manifest for example), everything has an incubation period(bacteria need time to multiply, and then the toxins that make you sick also have to reach "critical mass", which takes time), the Food-borne illnesses that show up sooner usually require medical intervention.

16 most common food pathogens and incubation times
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Worth investigating anything else that the two adults have eaten and the child not.

Alcoholic drinks? Spicey foods? Anything else that suits an adult palate but not a child's, like some of the fancier deli meats, or more strongly flavoured foods (olives come immediately to mind).

Notifying the restaurant can't hurt, especially done in the 'just so you know' manner.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X