Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are various fingertip moistener products available. I don't work with money much any more, but I work with tons of paper (mostly loan documents), so I use it all the time. Different brands have different feeling to them. Some are really gross. I personally use the Sortkwik brand, because it feels best on my fingers and it really works.

But yeah, licking the bills is really gross. Good way to get sick in a hurry.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
      He took out a wad of cash, LICKED THE WAD, and then counted the money out with his thumb to give to me.
      Doesn't he know where that money's been?! Covered with drug residue, stored in other people's sweaty socks and underwear, dropped on the ground and driven or walked on, etc?

I recall another post where some jerk was holding his change in his mouth. When did blatant stupidity become the norm?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Doesn't he know where that money's been?! Covered with drug residue, stored in other people's sweaty socks and underwear, dropped on the ground and driven or walked on, etc?

I recall another post where some jerk was holding his change in his mouth. When did blatant stupidity become the norm?
        You didn't realize that Idiocracy was a documentary?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Actually, Idiocracy wasn't a true documentary. They "bent the facts" - by grossly understating the level of stupidity.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Actually, Idiocracy wasn't a true documentary. They "bent the facts" - by grossly understating the level of stupidity.
            Looks frantically for the "like" button.

Money has to be about the dirtiest thing ever unless its straight from the mint and even then I wouldn't lick it.

I have a co-worker who buys new clothes and doesn't wash them before wearing them.

Even ignoring the chemicals in the fabric from the manufacturing process...what about all the people who handled them and tried them on first?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I've been saying the same thing since I first heard about the movie 9 or so years ago.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                I've been saying the same thing since I first heard about the movie 9 or so years ago.
                "Heard about"? You haven't seen it yet? Dude, go see it! (You can probably borrow a copy from your local library, that's where I first saw it.)
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh yeah -- money is basically the most unsanitary thing that most people touch on purpose. (Including genitals.)

Comment

Along with, perhaps, the faucet handles on public bathroom sinks (as I have mentioned before, IIRC)...Which is why I try to use paper towels to turn them *off* when I'm done. Your hands may be nice and clean after washing them, but the handles have been touched by countless people just *before* washing their hands...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And why I'm ticked off when (looking at you, Pilot/Flying J) an establishment remodels their washrooms, including replacing the paper towels with hot air dryers, but doesn't do anything about the "pull to open from the inside" doors (e.g. replacing them with a labyrinth so there's no line of sight from the hall to inside, or adding a "handicap friendly" push button opener where you can "hip check" the button).

The pull handle will have been touched by people who "do their business" and fail to wash their hands. When the hand-drying setup is paper towels, you can use one as a shield when opening the door (and there's usually a garbage can you can reach while propping the door open with your foot). With hot air dryers, you MUST grab the handle.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Back when I was sorting and counting large amounts of bills, I can tell you how dirty they are. My hands would start to turn black from all the garbage on them. Even the bills that looked clean are dirty. No one in my house could understand how I could go though so much hand soap.

Comment

Back when I was a Senior Student, my bio class did a swab and culture experiment in our building. The Toilet seat was pretty clean. The drain in the bathroom was pretty clean. The faucets, etc. were pretty clean. The filthiest place swabbed was the outside hallway wall where people braced themselves to pull open the very heavy door. Janitors got everything else more than once a day, but somehow they never did the wall outside... IIRC, that spot grew about 8 different kinds of bacteria.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            With hot air dryers, you MUST grab the handle.
                            Unless you grab a piece of clean toilet paper for the task.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

YogsCast did a series from the US and had to change out their money. They said US currency smelled funny. Money can have dirt on it, but since it tends to be dry, it doesn't allow much to actually grow that normal handwashing can't take care of. Germs don't like dry environments. The dirtiest thing is the kitchen sponge, and that often has really nasty bugs like salmonella. If you're going to use a kitchen sponge, microwave it at least once a day. That'll kill off the nasties.
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                              X