Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your store have any recording with business hours? If she were to call once at 11 thinking that's when you open, learned you were closed, then chose to either wait it out or find some place that was open, then I'd understand her confusing and not think anything else of it. But once the repeated calls and verbal abuse, that's where she crossed the line. What a bitch!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      Food Lady has resorted to doing dishes in the dark and they STILL come up to her thinking she's open. NO LIGHTS = CLOSED people!
      That doesn't work. I made the mistake of leaving our front door unlocked while I was in the back of our shop doing something one morning - but the lights were all off. Some crazy woman wandered into the store and was standing there when I came out front.

"We're closed for a half hour. The lights are off. And the Closed sign is up."
      "But the door was open!"

Well, yeah... I can't argue that logic.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        Does your store have any recording with business hours? If she were to call once at 11 thinking that's when you open, learned you were closed, then chose to either wait it out or find some place that was open, then I'd understand her confusing and not think anything else of it. But once the repeated calls and verbal abuse, that's where she crossed the line. What a bitch!

That would require them listening.

Comment

I am very vindictive... If I was owner.. I would "offer to send her a gift card for her issues" and ask her address. What she doesn't know is that the only thing she would be getting is papers for a lawsuit...

Comment

I've had (or heard of) a couple of people flipping out when there's no one at the registers to serve them before we open. There's a small part of our building that is leased to another group, which opens before we do, so people get in that way. The one lady I had to deal with was shrieking about how she was going to steal the stuff if someone didn't get up there right that minute!

Comment

I do store aesthetics before we open. And our store has huge windows. So I get a lot of door pounding and pointing. I set a big smile on my face and walk over to our store hours sign. Then I do an exaggerated point/hand motion at it that is inspired by Looney Tunes.

I would be more sympathetic but our hours are posted online. And it's not like I can do anything, I don't have the keys and even if they were let in early, the people to help and check them out aren't there!

Comment

This happened years ago, but the stupidity still echoes within me, although to be honest, the stupidity was split between the customer and a Moron in Management.

This was back about 10 years ago. At that time, the DMV in our state was open on weekdays from 9 am to 5pm, but on Wednesdays, we were open from 11 am to 7 pm.

This particular week, I received a call from my region manager. A customer had called to complain that he had tried to come into our office at 9:30 am, and although he could see us inside walking around and eating muffins, we merely laughed at him and refused to even come to the door to let him in or explain.

What are you talking about? We don't open until 11 am. I had one clerk scheduled to open, and he then he started on car dealer work. He cam in at 10, and that was it.

The region manager snottily replied, "You probably pulled a staff meeting, and that is why they were there early. I want you to be aware that customers can see you when you are inside (eating muffins). And it was inappropriate to laugh at the customer outside."

I started to feel like I was in the Twilight Zone. We did NOT have a staff meeting. I would know if we had a staff meeting. Plus, I would have had to pay overtime for staff to come in early, and you can see our payroll records. There is no overtime.

Condescending as hell, "You gave them free muffins instead of overtime."

Just exactly how in hell did this clueless moron make it into higher management? First of all, the staff is unionized (UAW). The very idea that they would willingly give up 2 hours of overtime for a freaking free muffin is laughable.

And then it hit me. Right next to our office was a café that specialized in jumbo muffins. Stupid customer was banging on the window of a café, and they were laughing at him because they did not control the DMV next door.

Finally, Ms. Snot wavered. "Well, make sure that when you do have a staff meeting, you don't --"

"We have staff meetings off site, and I borrow help from other offices so I don't have to go into overtime for my office.

Ms. Snot did go down in flames about a year after this, and good riddance.
                To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                To pursue it with forks and hope;
                To threaten its life with a railway share;
                To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post

Just exactly how in hell did this clueless moron make it into higher management?
                  By being a clueless moron.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And then it hit me. Right next to our office was a café that specialized in jumbo muffins. Stupid customer was banging on the window of a café, and they were laughing at him because they did not control the DMV next door.

Finally, Ms. Snot wavered. "Well, make sure that when you do have a staff meeting, you don't --"

"We have staff meetings off site, and I borrow help from other offices so I don't have to go into overtime for my office.

Ms. Snot did go down in flames about a year after this, and good riddance.

Awesome story. And I am formerly requesting more about Ms. Snot and her downfall.

Comment

Just exactly how in hell did this clueless moron make it into higher management?
                      Like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilbert_principle
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                        Awesome story. And I am formerly requesting more about Ms. Snot and her downfall.
                        Throwing in my vote for more Ms. Snot stories too.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Mine too. I have no doubt they will have some truly epic fails.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Wouldn't letting anyone in before opening possibly be some sort of insurance violation?

Comment

I would have demanded payment then for that "meeting" we had then.

Comment

Our SM when I started working the overnights wouldn't have any of the entitled oldsters and others banging on the doors at 6:30 (he came in at 6). Even in the winter, they could wait because start of business is 7AM. Some of the tonguelashings if an SC managed to tailgate an employee were epic...moreso if SC decided to complain about boxes on the floor. NewSM doesn't get here until we officially open so I don't think she realizes what goes on.

If an SC accosts me demanding a cashier before the opening crew is ready I don't even try to be polite anymore (officially I'm part of the night crew then so don't even have to acknowledge you).
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X