Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted a thread about Ms. Snot in Morons in Management, with some of her greatest hits.
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      Wouldn't letting anyone in before opening possibly be some sort of insurance violation?
      Very likely, yes.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
        I just posted a thread about Ms. Snot in Morons in Management, with some of her greatest hits.
        What a clown...

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Very likely, yes.
        Boy, trying to explain all that to your insurance rep. "Well, we weren't open. But the custy wanted in..."

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          Wouldn't letting anyone in before opening possibly be some sort of insurance violation?
          Here at my bank, we were told that it is. Specifically in regards to letting customers into their safe deposit boxes before our normal business hours. Years ago, we used to have a customer who would come to the door after the drive-up opened (an hour before the lobby) and demand that we let him in so he could take cash out of his safe deposit box. One of the managers wanted to cave and let him in, to give good customer service, but everyone else reminded him that our insurance wouldn't cover us if there was an issue, so he backed off and made the customer wait.

Now, we more frequently have customers trying to come in after we close. They come up to the door and yank on it, clearly not reading the hours posted on the door right in front of their faces. We never let them in. We can't, for the same reason as above, and eventually they go away defeated.
          Last edited by Ghel; 03-01-2016, 04:42 PM.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
            Here at my bank, we were told that it is.
            And a bank has an even better reason to keep people out - robbery. Although if the vault is closed they won't get much. And you KNOW the cameras in there ARE working...

Comment

I always assumed the bank and post office had the same rule: If the door was locked, you could not come in. They don't open for you, for any reason. And I have had that moment when I see the teller walking to the doors to lock them. In my home town they knew me, and knew I would take like 90 seconds because the deposit books were all filled out and everything signed. But I wouldn't push it otherwise.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Plus, even without the whole insurance thing, you just can't risk doing favours for people nowadays. If you let a customer in after closing or before opening, they won't see it as a one off favour, they'll see it as a perk and turn up even later/earlier next time. As well as telling their family and friends that you let people in outside of business hours, making yet more trouble for yourself... especially if Trading Standards gets to hear of it. That was the problem we had with a co-irker who kept letting customers in after closing. She eventually quit after she let someone in after closing, while working alongside the manager, who was not happy.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                  Now, we more frequently have customers trying to come in after we close. They come up to the door and yank on it, clearly not reading the hours posted on the door right in front of their faces. We never let them in. We can't, for the same reason as above, and eventually they go away defeated.
                  This happens to me from time to time. I get to the bank either forgetting it's a holiday, or forgetting the hours. It sucks since I wasted money on public transportation. Do I get angry? Sure. But I don't take it out on anyone.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                    And a bank has an even better reason to keep people out - robbery.
                    Yep. I actually worked at a bank, as an intern. Even though I worked in the auditing department, we were told not to let anyone come in through certain doors. That place had (IIRC) a main door, and two side doors. The one side door was only supposed to be for employees...since it was on the other side of the counter. Naturally, that door was locked with a key and a keypad.

I heard quite a few stories from the managers about how idiots would get there early...and get upset because they weren't allowed inside. Never mind that the entire branch was dark, the computers were all off, and that none of the tellers had even arrived yet. Why they couldn't use the 24-hour ATM around the corner, I have no idea

But, back to stores. The year before I worked at the bank, I spent the summer working at scout camp. My job, was to manage the crappy little store there. During the day, the place was always packed with kids looking for sugar highs, T shirts and other low-priced crap. When I'd get a lull in activity, I'd try to keep the inventory books current. (Trust me, if you've never done weekly inventory at a scout camp, it sucks.) Keeping those stupid books current meant that I didn't have to do as much work on weekends, and could leave early

What I found annoying, is that if I had to clean or reorganize things at night, I'd soon have people pounding on the doors to get in. Seriously, there are two vending machines outside--one for sodas, one for snacks. Yes I have the radio on, I'm trying to catch up on paperwork. Blinds on the doors are down, get lost!
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X