This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pride in Your Craft....

I don't know if you were trying to commit fraud, or had an uncontrollable urge to doodle on and cut some paper because someone is (unwisely) withholding your meds from you this weekend....

This I do know.

I charitably wrote you up for "No Visible Permit" and not "Fake Permit" on my tow-in sheet because it would be a disservice to the other two fraudsters I towed in (who used white-out on a GREEN permit to fudge dates, le sigh....) to include the likes of YOU in their company when all YOU had hanging from your rearview mirror was a piece of paper that said, ahem:

"MONDAY"

Yeah, it was the right COLOR, but..... there wasn't anything else.

No reality company name, no complex address, no "hang from rearview mirror/remove before driving" legalese, no definitive start/end dates....

All it said was

"MONDAY"

Oh, and instead of using scissors to cut it to the right size, you FOLDED IT OVER.

And it's not like you didn't HAVE a pair of scissors, you obviously used those to cut the hang-around-the-mirror hole (and left the little telltale mouse-chewings that causes behind)

But still, you're missing like, 90% of what you need... couldn't you TELL? There was a LOT of unused blank real estate there around that big ol' "MONDAY" ... .... ....

Guess not, seeing as you felt it was good enough.

I weep for your generation, and I don't even LIKE you kids!
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Maybe he thought that meant he had permission to park there ON Monday? I dunno.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Tell me why I don't like Mondays
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

So...does that qualify as a new level of special or something?
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

The bus this person is now entitled to ride is so short, it's collapsed in on itself....
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Tell me why I don't like Mondays
              I wanna shoot the whole day down.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                The bus this person is now entitled to ride is so short, it's collapsed in on itself....
                That describes half the people I deal with.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

...perhaps that is very lazy shorthand for "I'll get a real permit on Monday, honest, so don't tow me bro"?

Comment

Maybe it was Garfield's car?
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      Maybe it was Garfield's car?
                      Well played.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

It was just another manic Monday.

Comment

Sounds like a case of the Mondays.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I wonder if it actually wasn't an attempt at a fake permit, and actually was there for a reason unrelated to his illegal parking?

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                              It was just another manic Monday.
                              If only it had been Sunday... oh wait, Arga works those too, doesn't he?

Comment

Working...
                              X