Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer standard time strikes again...

I had a lady chewing me out on the phone yesterday because she thought it was preposterous that she had to do a factory reset on her phone BEFORE we would warranty it out and send her another one.

Her main reason for not wanting to do the reset?

She already did one.

TWO MONTHS AGO.

So you mean to tell me that absolutely NOTHING has changed on your phone in TWO MONTHS?? Highly unlikely.

No, I don't care how long you've been with <red checkmark> or how much money you've spent with us.

At one point I tried to defuse her by saying "wouldn't you rather have a working phone in 15 minutes than have to wait four days for a replacement?"

Didn't work. She kept insisting we just send her out another phone. With free 2-day shipping of course.

I told her no as many ways as possible but she would not give up.

So then she asked for my manager who (GASP!) told her the EXACT SAME THING. Funny how that works isn't it?

Then she said she'd keep calling back until she got someone who would just do it for her and hung up.

BZZZT! WRONG MOVE! You're on our radar now lady. Both my manager and I are now monitoring your account and IF someone violates policy and replaces the phone for you, they will be in serious trouble. Not to mention we will put some lovely notes on your account REQUIRING you to go to the manufacturer for any further warranty service.

Hope you don't mind being without a phone for two weeks if that happens.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

And any guesses as to how many times she'll keep calling back until she either:

1) gets a clue (yeah right!)
    2) gives up (if this is your choice you have chosen poorly)
    3) gets some schmuck to give her what she wants

The stupid is truly strong in this one...

Comment

One of the best things about my job is that everyone will give you the same answer. We might say it differently, but in the end, the answer will always be the same. Its a source of amusement to us when someone keeps trying different people in the hopes of getting a different answer.

Comment

Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome?

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
          One of the best things about my job is that everyone will give you the same answer. We might say it differently, but in the end, the answer will always be the same. Its a source of amusement to us when someone keeps trying different people in the hopes of getting a different answer.
          At least you all stick together on your answers to the customer. When I worked for Bellsouth/AT&T, the managers would cave in and give the customer everything they wanted and apologize to them that I didn't break our policies and give them what they wanted. It was very infuriating.

Comment

Quoth Rodimal View Post
            Isn't that the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome?
            And that is why we are so amused by it. We are the government, we go by clearly stated policy and procedures which can easily be looked up online. If I say "No", all of my coworkers will also say "No". Want to talk to a supervisor? Sure. She will also say "No". Want to talk to her boss? No problem. The answer will still be "No".

There are a lot of things I don't like about my job, but going by the book without anyone being able to do anything else but go by the book does make it easier.

Comment

Quoth crinklestein View Post
              At least you all stick together on your answers to the customer. When I worked for Bellsouth/AT&T, the managers would cave in and give the customer everything they wanted and apologize to them that I didn't break our policies and give them what they wanted. It was very infuriating.
              But you know she's looking for that one person who either doesn't know her scam or falls for her crap and says "yes." Sounds like she won't find that here but she probably has elsewhere and is looking for a repeat here...

Comment

We have a policy at the range no pistols for anyone under 18. This weekend a guy had his 14 year old niece and was trying to see how much for me to let her do it anyway. I said sure, just make up the 15k I'll miss out making when I'm fired. I did feel a little bad. She looked a lot older and did great at the rifles she could shoot. I'm sure she would have done well, but it was not up to me. He did take the hint.
                Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 03-07-2016, 04:20 PM.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

A store owner were I worked had a conversation with a customer who wanted a warranty replacement for an out of warranty item.
                  It went - "The person on the returns counter said no. His manager said no. The floor manager said no and the 2ic said no. What part of no don't you understand?"
                  The customer gave up at that point.

In terms of asking you until you get the answer that you want it can happen. A friend works at Motor Vehicle Registry. A person he knew from school approached him to get the name on his drivers license changed with out an official name change. My friend said no because that is against policy and illegal. Person went to another MVR office and found someone who made the change. His mistake was coming back to my friend boasting that he got it changed. Like in the original post, all transactions on recorded. One MVR employee was in trouble for illegally changing the license.

Comment

It's absolutely baffling, isn't it? Instead of doing things the easy way (like the reset), people like this absolutely insist on doing things the difficult and unlikely-to-work way. I mean, why? Is being told "yes" really that utterly important?
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                    X