This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot SC can't read

I'm sure I've mentioned these coupons before. Basically, you spend £50 in the supermarket and get a coupon that lets you have 10p off per litre of fuel in the petrol station. On each coupon, in large, customer friendly letters, states that each coupon is only for one transaction on one vehicle only. Sadly, a lot of SCs are alliterate and don't see that part.

Like this guy, who decided to take his whole family to the petrol station to fill their cars, making four cars in total. He then produced the coupon. On being told that he could only use it on one car, the SC threw a tantrum of epic proportions and demanded to see a manager. Unfortunately for him, Tessa, our manager, refused to give him his own way and he had to use the coupon on one car.

Upset by being forced to follow the rules, the SC then proceeded to file a complaint a few days later. Craig told the SC the exact same thing that Tessa had told him, informed him that he was not getting anything, and filed the complaint into the "idiot" file. The SC apparently plans to complain to head office. This is also doomed to failure, as head office is good for not giving in to SC complaints about managers following store policy. The SC swore never to return; whether he does or not is immaterial, as Craig banned him after the SC verbally abused him on refusal to compensate him for his "loss".
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Gah, I hate people like that - they think they've found a loophole & come hell or high water you're going to do this imaginary thing so they can beat "da man"... I've had one myself this week, I'll post it later though when I have alcohol within easy reach!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I always hate their smug smirk when they demand a manager... and love the way their face falls when the manager insists on following store policy!
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't think it's that they CAN'T read, it's that they WON'T read anything that doesn't give them their way. "I reject your reality and substitute my own" approach, basically.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I believe your SC is related to this crew
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I had a CW who did that sort of thing, Kit.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Let's say each car needed only about 10 gallons of gas and for simplicity 4 liters to the gallon even though that's not quite right. So 160 liters of gas so 1600 pence or 16 pounds. Spend 50 pounds get 16 pounds of free gas. Stores are not going to approve that no matter how much you complain. Next time he would bring 14 cars.

Comment

A couple points:

- Your title is redundant, since "SC" implies "idiot".

- Does the coupon have a volume limit in addition to the "one vehicle" limit? If not, I can imagine an owner-operator taking advantage of the situation. Buy 50 pounds worth of supplies, get 10 pence off per litre on an 800 litre fill, for an 80 pound discount. Hey, the coupon said it was for one transaction on one vehicle.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  I don't think it's that they CAN'T read, it's that they WON'T read anything that doesn't give them their way.
                  OP covered that. "Sadly, a lot of SCs are alliterate and don't see that part."

Illiterate means someone can't read.
                  Aliterate means someone won't read.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Your title is redundant, since "SC" implies "idiot".
                  I disagree with this. There are Sucktomers aren't idiotic at all, just extremely assholish and deliberately so.

Just semantics!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    I disagree with this. There are Sucktomers aren't idiotic at all, just extremely assholish and deliberately so.
                    Not to mention the ones that are just scammers. And of course combinations of all of the above.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm glad your company has a policy not to bend over backwards for SCs like these. Too many DMs and corporate folks, when getting complaints like these, put the blame on the workers who are simply following the rules.

Either that or the SC tells a fib about the manager using abusive language or was "rude" and the DM believes them.
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

^ I'm always thankful for that. Nothing is more demoralising than sticking to store policy, then having a manager give in to a whiny SC. -.- Thus encouraging them to come back and demand yet more free stuff, begging the question of, why bother keeping them around? Where I work, head office prefers that costomers go elsewhere and cost other businesses money.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        A couple points:

- Your title is redundant, since "SC" implies "idiot".

- Does the coupon have a volume limit in addition to the "one vehicle" limit? If not, I can imagine an owner-operator taking advantage of the situation. Buy 50 pounds worth of supplies, get 10 pence off per litre on an 800 litre fill, for an 80 pound discount. Hey, the coupon said it was for one transaction on one vehicle.
                        Yeah, the limit is 100 litres, I think.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          ^ I'm always thankful for that. Nothing is more demoralising than sticking to store policy, then having a manager give in to a whiny SC. -.- Thus encouraging them to come back and demand yet more free stuff, begging the question of, why bother keeping them around? Where I work, head office prefers that costomers go elsewhere and cost other businesses money.
                          Quoted for truth. I wish more corporations felt like this but until moronic management gets out of their ivory towers and into the real world the idea that "the customer is always right" will prevail and stupid "suggestions" will just keep flowing like sh*t...

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            OP covered that. "Sadly, a lot of SCs are alliterate and don't see that part."

Illiterate means someone can't read.
                            Aliterate means someone won't read.
                            I'm familiar with the words in question, I was commenting on the subject line. IMO, "Idiot SC can't (be bothered to) read" would have worked.
                            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Where I work, head office prefers that costomers go elsewhere and cost other businesses money.
                              Pity you're on the other side of the pond...

Though to be fair, my store is better than most other companies at sticking to its rules (which is probably why so many customers bitch about us...!). Occasionally, they will bend a rule, but usually, like in the case of the SC who demanded doubled discounts, they stand their ground.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X