Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*sigh* Will I have to tie your shoes for you as well?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I've never shot a gun. Never even held one. Even I can tell the girl in the pic above is doing it wrong
    How does she avoid landing on her ass? It looks like her CG is outside of (behind) her "footprint", and if she fires the gun the recoil will add to the tipping moment.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      How does she avoid landing on her ass? It looks like her CG is outside of (behind) her "footprint", and if she fires the gun the recoil will add to the tipping moment.
      And maybe if we're lucky someone will post it on youtube.
      "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

The pic is a bit exaggerated, but it's the most common form of wrong stance.
        Stand straight with feet shoulder with apart means stand like you want to "keep on truck'in"
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Just a little something to let Rosco know that some people can learn...A while back, I worked for 2 insurance agents. A was an avid gun owner and B had never touched a gun in his life and didn't want to. One day, A brought in a new gun that he had just bought to show to me. (Things are different in Arizona, this was perfectly acceptable.)

A pulled his peg-leg revolver out of his brief case, opened the cylinder, checked to be sure that it wasn't loaded and handed it to me. Of course, I also opened the cylinder, checked to be sure it wasn't loaded and then did all of the appropriate looking and admiring. B was feeling left out, so asked to see it as well.

B amazed us by fumbling for a minute, then opening the cylinder and inspecting the inside of the gun. When A complimented B on his safe gun handling, B confessed that he didn't really know what he was doing, but that since both of us had done it, he felt that it was something that he should do as well. Then he ruined the moment by asking why he should be looking for bullets because we had already done it!

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
            Then he ruined the moment by asking why he should be looking for bullets because we had already done it!
            wouldn't call that ruining it, that's a perfect chance at educating. get him to understand more about guns and he might not fear them as much.
            This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
            my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Normally when I'm handing a gun so someone I clear the gun, and show them it's clear and then hand it to him that way. (mag out, action open) So they don't need to fumble with it to check that it is clear and have the possible chance of a accidental discharge if you didn't make sure before handing it to them and they mishandle it.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
                wouldn't call that ruining it, that's a perfect chance at educating. get him to understand more about guns and he might not fear them as much.
                You are right, and A did spend a few happy minutes telling B why we had both done the things we did. I guess the moral of my story is something that most folks already know...its easier to teach good habits to someone who doesn't have bad habits ingrained.

My sweetie and I will drive to a more expensive range past the cheaper one just because the folks shooting at the cheaper one can be a little scary with their bad gun handling habits.

Comment

^ true.
                  Again with the foreign grandfather with son. I added a new country. They come in I give the welcome/safety speil. Asked the all important fact finding questions to know what level of instructions I will need to give. I notice GP is nodding when I'm not really saying anything and son says he has experience and was military-clue #2. (he answered for him)
                  #3 was when he went to shoot a pistol and asked a question and he just nodded and gave me a blank look and tried to hold it in a way that would of hurt if he did it that way.
                  OK son, who's military? -Portugal oh ok, that's a new one. I can add that to the Israeli, Russian, Ukrainian, British, French, S Africa I've had there. Oh he doesn't do any English.
                  *sigh* yea son that's something I would need to know right away.
                  After more struggles he did shoot and got the son to understand not just why but the how I was showing them how to shoot and was then able to convey this to GP and the rest went great. I hate doing it that way, I want to be able to control the shooter directly. But again being in the Navy and around the world gave me an ear to gather he was correctly passing on info and be on the other side of the situation.
                  Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 03-20-2016, 03:43 PM.
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

Working...
                  X