This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment EW (perhaps a bit longish)

Figures the only person who came to look at a place today had to be the rudest EW I have met in a long time. First she wanted a place asap, but when I tell her we're full, she still insists on the tour. This in itself is not sucky, maybe she would love the place so much she would want to be waitlisted and go month to month somewhere else until a place opened up. It happens. My problem was after she asked for the tour, knowing full well I had nothing to rent to her immediately she acted like I forced her to walk the grounds with me on the Bataan Death Tour of *** Apartments. We get to the unit and I start showing it off, the huge built in pantry, the large amount of counter space on the bathroom vanity, the closet large enough for guests, etc. The comments I got in return were along the lines of "A huge closet in a tiny apartment", "Looks like you don't get much redecorating for your $150 redecorating fee, do you?", and my favorite, "I guess for $150 at least it gets cleaned...but not very well apparently." The filthy offense? A couple of pieces of lint caught in the popcorn ceiling by the air vent.

Fine. She was not loving the place, so I ask her what she's looking for in an apartment and since I work all over the place maybe I can point her in the right direction. A nice touch, right? She says,"You work at different apartment complexes all over town? Doing this? That's funny!" I just looked at her sniggering face and said all smiles, "Why?" "Well, I just think it's funny how...specialized people's jobs can be, how you just find certain skill sets and fill them with...people." She said all this while laughing in my face. In my coldest tone of voice I said, "I never really thought of it that way. I just took pride in having a job that allows me to support myself and my family as best I can."

So after all this, I'm looking forward to this EW putting a whole lotta gone between us, when she asks me after she gets her ID back if we have any specials! After trashing the apartment, the community, and my occupation, wtf did she want? Did she think that I was going to offer to pay her to live there and "class the joint up"? I have no idea, but when I said there were no specials she of course demanded to know why. So I just said in kind of a resigned tone of voice already mentally filling out the comments section of the guest card with her BS, "Ma'am. We're full. We have no vacancies in the foreseeable future, we are doing waitlisting only. Communities with no vacancies have no reason to run specials. Good luck on finding you're new home."

The manager I was covering for called in later in the afternoon to see how I was doing and when I told her about the Bataan Death Tour, her only comment was "OMG what a bitch! Make sure you write all that on the guest card!"

Done and done.
    "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Dear lord, what a bitch! What the hell was she thinking? No, wait, this is an SC, "decency" "compassion" and "thought" take detours around them. Ttaz, my most heartfelt condolences on having to deal with that filth, and congratulations on maintaining your cool throughout all that!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
      "Looks like you don't get much redecorating for your $150 redecorating fee, do you?"
      Ok, I have to ask. What exactly is a redecorating fee? I've rented all my life and have never come across this.

I suspect it's a regional thing, but I'm curious.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

i think that's the $150 cleaning fee you pay when you leave if the apartment has to clean up after you

perhaps ms high-and-mighty wasn't so neat if she is use to paying the fee?

Comment

an apt with big closets?? Dude! I'd waitlist for it.

stupid bint.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
            We get to the unit and I start showing it off, the huge built in pantry, the large amount of counter space on the bathroom vanity, the closet large enough for guests, etc.
            I'd waitlist...wait...what's the rent?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              Ok, I have to ask. What exactly is a redecorating fee? I've rented all my life and have never come across this. Eric the Grey
              It's basically a fee used to pay for paint, manhours, cleaning, and carpet shampooing when you leave. It covers normal wear and tear stuff. Beyond the normal lived in stuff gets taken out of your refundable deposit, like if you decide to have a party with Motley Crue, or forgot to move out your spoiling shrimp collection, etc.

Now the place I was at isn't new, it's an older community, the appliances reflect that, and the one bedroom is under 600 square feet, but for those wondering how much it is, it's $590 a month and that includes all utilities.

Oh and the EW also threw a tizzy when I told her there was no wi-fi to be had. Speaking from personal experience at wi-fi enabled communities near the university, it doesn't matter if we had God's wi-fi setup, solid cinder block walls have a tendency to, shall we say, dampen the signal a bit?
              "I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

Okay...a little lint caught on popcorn ceiling from an AC vent is the least of that EW's worries. I can't believe she had the nerve to trash your job to your face! I gotta give the OP props for keeping his cool while dealing with that little bitch.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm apartment searching and....a 1 bedroom for $590 with all utilities?? Day-um. I'd sign up!
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    I'm apartment searching and....a 1 bedroom for $590 with all utilities?? Day-um. I'd sign up!

I agree. One bedroom? That's affordable.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

I have a two bedroom for $615(hardwood floors in both bedrooms-we pay cable, internet and electricity-electric runs about $40/month--moving to a 975 sq foot 2 bedroom with 2 large porches for $800/month
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'm now living in a rather large 2 bed 1 bath in a nice neighborhood and it's only 750. they allow pets, too! 590/month for a 1 bedroom apt is kinda expensive where I am, though. They mostly run for 425-500 a month.
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

hmm, i guess I'm so far the highest bidder in how much I pay... my PITI on my mortgage is just over $700, then there's $150 a month home owners fees, plus my utilities total (gas, electric and internet are the only things not included in the home owners fees) around $100 a month... so $950 a month for a 3 bed 2 bath condo, 15 minutes outside of downtown, off of 3 bus routes, and easy access to trax... oh yeah, and I'm looking for a new roommate if anyone on here is in the salt lake area looking for a place to live or knows someone who is (sorry bout going ot on that)

eta- that is kinda a steal though... considering that the places that I looked into renting would only be 2 bed 2 bath would total out at between $850 and $900... so only $50 to $100 more for a 3rd bedroom and gaining equity
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

OT- Hey smiley, they place I'm in is in West Jordan, near Jordan landing. It's a great house, and cheap. Plus it's got a HUGE yard for the dog... it's nice to run around in and have parties in during the summer.

Plus, with the new UTA lines, there are lines going straight into downtown. You should look at going out further west and south if you're lookin for another place.
                            Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth TTAZ View Post
                              Now the place I was at isn't new, it's an older community, the appliances reflect that, and the one bedroom is under 600 square feet, but for those wondering how much it is, it's $590 a month and that includes all utilities.
                              Me! ME! ME!!! I want to sign up for that. All utilities?!?!? *sigh* But, do you allow cats? That's the breaker for me.
                              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X