This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TTAZ View Post
    "You work at different apartment complexes all over town? Doing this? That's funny!" I just looked at her sniggering face and said all smiles, "Why?" "Well, I just think it's funny how...specialized people's jobs can be, how you just find certain skill sets and fill them with...people." She said all this while laughing in my face.

Unbelievable! Some people just shouldn't be allowed to talk.

Comment

Quoth Seraphim View Post
      OT- Hey smiley, they place I'm in is in West Jordan, near Jordan landing. It's a great house, and cheap. Plus it's got a HUGE yard for the dog... it's nice to run around in and have parties in during the summer.

Plus, with the new UTA lines, there are lines going straight into downtown. You should look at going out further west and south if you're lookin for another place.
      oh no, i'm pretty attached to where I am (still have 28 years left on a mortgage and with the current housing market I'm stuck beneath it) what I do need though is someone who's looking for a room to rent to help with the monthly cost.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Yeah, I'm moving to a MAJOR college town in Kansas (if you haven't figured it out already, they have a pretty good basketball team). And there are two bedrooms for $500, if you want to live around a bunch of 18-22 year olds. Which I don't. I'm old and boring now, *sigh*. And I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need a two bedroom so I can have a place for my desks and my multitude of bookcases.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Don't shoot me...lol...

We're currently staying in a 2 BR apartment with four massive closets, a pantry, dining room, kitchen, and full bathroom. We also managed to land ground floor since I'm pregnant. We even have a basement for storage, and a basketball court out back. Our rent? 395 a month...but we do have to pay utilities...which come out to about $100 a month.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Atleast you didn't have to explain what a waitlist is. I spend several hours a day explaining this!

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
              I'm apartment searching and....a 1 bedroom for $590 with all utilities?? Day-um. I'd sign up!
              No kidding - I'm paying $585/month on my 1 bedroom (600 sq ft) without utilities - an apartment nearly as old as me. I'm pushing 30, this apt is 25 yrs old.

It's closer to $700 after electricity and water on a good month. TX electricity is horribly expensive.

Oh yeah, I have no pantry whatsoever (literally - my "pantry" holds my washer, dryer, and water heater), a really tiny hall closet, and a small closet in the bedroom. Along with a pretty small kitchen. It's still a really nice place and a great neighborhood, and I love it, but the main reason I'm here is I can walk to work.

Comment

I am going to cry now! We're paying $999 plus $50 for water sewer and garbage. It is a 3 bed 2 bath, but it was built in the 70's and hasn't been upgraded since. Our cabinet doors are starting to disentigrate and fall off the hinges And our heating bill for our uber 'efficient' apartment during the winter.... $150 a month, and thats just turning on the heat in the kids rooms. And they say that next year they will up it to $1269. shoot me now. I need to move to Idaho or somewhere cheap.
                It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  I have a two bedroom for $615
                  That's about what I pay, but I pay for gas and electric. And my neighborhood shall we say is, well, not the best in class?

My home was built in the 1930's and I don't think has been updated more than the "have to" since. My hall light is on the 3rd floor's bill, the basement electric is ALL on my bill, and my whole apartment is heated by our stove/oven.

The new landlord wants to do away with them though! YAY! Perhaps now I'll get heat in my room!
                  Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-28-2008, 04:28 PM.
                  You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Wish I lived in an area with that cheap of rents. Back when we had an apartment a few counties over we paid 1200 a month for a 900 square foot 2 bedroom apartment. It was the reason we ended up moving out into the country so we could have an actual house for that same amount. Our mortgage payments were roughly the same for a house with twice the square footage.
                    "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
                      Wish I lived in an area with that cheap of rents.
                      I wish I could afford more rent! The cops are here at least 4 times a week, there have been 2 breaks ins, there are at least 3-4 sex offenders with in a 3 block area, and the house on the other side of the street was just busted for child neglect, child abuse, selling drugs and carrying illegal weapons.

The house on the corner was set on fire, which caught the next house on fire (double arson)

I'd gladly pay more just to get out of here!
                      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Ouch! That sucks! You have my sympathies.

Have none of that here but we did have a large illegal Hispanic family move next door. They seem nice enough but they tend to get really drunk and play that Mexican 'Ooomp-Paah" music really loudly in the middle of the night and once they had a knife fight in the street. There are twenty of them living in a four bedroom house. But they keep the lawn tidy, are helpful and friendly enough so I'm willing to tolerate Mexican Polka every now and again.
                        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Ugh. Don't even get me started on my 3rd floor neighbors!

I deal with it the best I can, as I refuse to be the victim of my circumstances. Yes, eventually I'll move out and move some place better, but if I could afford another $$ a month, I'd take it! Some times the cheapest isn't always the best, which is kind of what I was saying.

Save for a break in, I've been lucky. I have double locks on all my windows and doors and now have an alarm system. I keep an eye on my son and even though I'm a single woman, I'm ok there as far as safety. I used to hang out in the bad areas of Minneapolis, so I know how to pay attention with out drawing attention to myself. I also kick box and hit the gym. When I leave I make sure to throw my kick boxing gloves over my shoulders to signal that I fight back.

I also kind of have the rep as a hard knocks tough take no girl which I think helps a bit as the "kids" in my area really are punk kids who are very leery of me as they know that if they come after me or my son there's going to be Hades to pay. I do get along with most of them, but they know not to even think of crossing the line.

That and I don't think that blasting Death Metal hurts my reputation any.
                          Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-28-2008, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post

Save for a break in, I've been lucky. I have double locks on all my windows and doors and now have an alarm system. I keep an eye on my son and even though I'm a single woman, I'm ok there as far as safety. I used to hang out in the bad areas of Minneapolis, so I know how to pay attention with out drawing attention to myself. I also kick box and hit the gym. When I leave I make sure to throw my kick boxing gloves over my shoulders to signal that I fight back.
                            2 things, first for some reason up until just then I got the impression you were a guy, so can I go hide now

second, I think you live in the exact same type of neighborhood that I work in (pick a job, this applies to either of them). I've found the best way to keep safe in them is to stay low key... when I bike to and from work I use a cheap wal-mart brand bike... I use my old clunker iPod... I try to keep moving except when I am waiting for a bus... and then I'm sure to stop at a stop that is well lit and preferably close to somewhere with surveillance (I like using stops near gas stations because everyone knows if they do something there they'll be caught on tape). Oh and you have your kick boxing gloves, I have my 6'2" 250 lbs.
                            And my mother thinks both of us are insane for not being greatly bothered by it.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              first for some reason up until just then I got the impression you were a guy, so can I go hide now
                              That's alright, I thought you were a woman. I guess we're even.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                              And my mother thinks both of us are insane for not being greatly bothered by it.
                              Both of whom?

I've realized that you can't become your circumstances or they'll take you down.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                                That's alright, I thought you were a woman. I guess we're even.

Both of whom?

I've realized that you can't become your circumstances or they'll take you down.
                                both of us, as in you and me... my mother can't understand how someone can stay above their circumstances (she lives in middle class suburbia... she has never known a low income life style... and to be honest neither have I... but I don't put my head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist).

Comment

Working...
                                X