Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you pinch this SC's pennies, they pinch back.
    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
      While I agree that the customer made such a big deal about this, I find it to be a sad commentary that everyone on this board acts like the customer did something wrong. The fact is they WERE charged too much. We do not know the circumstances. Maybe this isn't the first time this has happened and this person has a boss that they are accountable to and works for one of those companies who are so tight they have to account for every penny. I've seen it happen before. We all talk about sucky companies on these boards so no one should be surprised by this. Just give them their entitled (yes, I used that word because it is true) refund, give them the old Spock eyebrow thing and laugh and move on.
      or he could have just done what my mother used to do when she traveled on business and made her account for every penny, if her boss pulled a stunt like "you paid 3 cents more than what you had originally budgeted" she'd pull a nickel out of her pocket hand it to her boss and tell him not to worry about the 2 pennies change, they may come in handy on the next trip.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I can beat this, I once took a call from a woman who was furious and kept me on the phone for over 30 minutes because she claimed she didn't use as many minutes as her bill said she did.

According to her, it was high by....get this....ONE MINUTE!

And she demanded that minute back plus a credit for the inconvenience of having to call in about it.

I am happy to report she got neither , but only after escalating to a sup and arguing with him for awhile.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          I can beat this, I once took a call from a woman who was furious and kept me on the phone for over 30 minutes because she claimed she didn't use as many minutes as her bill said she did.

According to her, it was high by....get this....ONE MINUTE!

And she demanded that minute back plus a credit for the inconvenience of having to call in about it.

I am happy to report she got neither , but only after escalating to a sup and arguing with him for awhile.
          the real question though on how stupid that might have been, was she still within her free minutes? if so, yeah she is a complete wack job, if it was an overage minute... at 35cents (that's what my overage cost is... her's may be different) she's still a wack job, but a slightly justified one.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            the real question though on how stupid that might have been, was she still within her free minutes? if so, yeah she is a complete wack job, if it was an overage minute... at 35cents (that's what my overage cost is... her's may be different) she's still a wack job, but a slightly justified one.
            In classic SC fashion, it WAS one of her free minutes, something both I and the supervisor pointed out countless times during the call.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
              While I agree that the customer made such a big deal about this, I find it to be a sad commentary that everyone on this board acts like the customer did something wrong. The fact is they WERE charged too much. We do not know the circumstances. Maybe this isn't the first time this has happened and this person has a boss that they are accountable to and works for one of those companies who are so tight they have to account for every penny. I've seen it happen before. We all talk about sucky companies on these boards so no one should be surprised by this. Just give them their entitled (yes, I used that word because it is true) refund, give them the old Spock eyebrow thing and laugh and move on.
              I agree with this 100%.

To you, it's just 3 cents. To the caller, it could be his job, if this stay was on a business trip, and his employer demands that travel expenses be accounted for to the penny, and is prepared to deal out disciplinary action for any discrepancies.

Three cents is a very small amount to be overcharged, and I most likely wouldn't even notice it, and if I did I probably wouldn't do anything about it, but it is an overcharge nonetheless, and it should never be sucky for one to question it.

And if you think it was sucky for him to call in and question the overcharge, then you'd better never question any overcharge you may run into, no matter how small and no matter the circumstances. I'd hate for you to be a hypocrite or anything.

That being said, the caller still deserves this mention on CS simply because of the attitude he gave to the OP when calling.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                Three pennies....three pennies won't get you anything anymore. Sheesh.
                But that's three less Swedish Fish he can buy now!
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Working...
                X