This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taxes and a cool bus driver

First the cool bus driver... this lady totally made my day on the way to work... UTA for reasons I truly do not understand doesn't do their shift changes at the transit centers, they do them mid route... anyway, the 217 stopped at 3500 south and Redwood which is where the shift change occurs for that route... the old driver got off the new driver got on... the first thing she said was "good afternoon, my name is (name) I'll be your bus driver for the next leg of your journey, if for whatever reason you decide you do not want to go all the way to Salt Lake Central I'll understand, just pull the cord located above your heads, once again thank you for riding UTA"
    Seriously, half the people on the bus were confused the other half thought it was the funniest parody of an airline announcement ever done by a bus driver.

On the note of buses, you can tell that the energy crisis is real... UTA is now shutting off the bus engines on all non hybrid buses while they are in transit centers rather than idling (in the 2 years I've lived here I've never seen them turn off the engines... ever

oh and the tax suck... why do people attack us for the tax rate and ask us how we can charge that much... hello, do they really think that we are the people who set the tax rate... hell to date with the exception of Harry Reid no one I've ever voted for has ever made it into office, why are you bitching at me for what the politicians that I didn't vote for are doing?

GRR... on the bright side I just heard from another hotel that might be willing to hire me for a sunday through thursday night audit which means between that and my current night audit I can leave the reservation desk
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Just cause the heat melted my brain....what exactly is audit work?

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      First the cool bus driver...
      Hilarious!

why do people attack us for the tax rate and ask us how we can charge that much... hell to date with the exception of Harry Reid no one I've ever voted for has ever made it into office, why are you bitching at me

Have had this conversation almost verbatim with several SCs in the past.

SC "JFC how can you charge so much tax?"
      ME "That's the rate."
      SC "You guys got a lotta nerve."
      ME "I vote libertatian whenever possible - who do you vote for?"
      SC "I'm a life long republocrat!"
      ME "Then shouldn't I be whining at you?"

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        depends on the context... if you are talking about CPA audit work you are making sure that everything is done to generally accepted accounting procedures... if you're talking about hotel night audit it's making sure what is in the computer matches what you have on paper (actually that's a lot of what CPA auditing is, making sure the companies records match themselves... I know it seems weird but actually makes sense if you think about it).

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          *pets*

It's okay my dear. Night Auditing is basically ending the money batches at the end of the night. For hotels, this process takes between an hour (if you're good and on a decent machine) to five hours. A Night Auditor also, basically, does the administration work that doesn't get done during the day.

And check in or check out guests between the hours of 11PM and 7AM.

At least, this is what it was the few times I had to do it.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

why are you bitching at me for what the politicians that I didn't vote for are doing?
            Well they've got to bitch to someone, of course. And you happen to be standing there.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Slightly OT -

A guy I briefly worked with had a license plate reading "OVR TXD," and this was a conversation we had on election day.

Me: Did you vote yet?
              Him: Nope.
              Me: Are you going to?

My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
                Slightly OT -

A guy I briefly worked with had a license plate reading "OVR TXD," and this was a conversation we had on election day.

oh how I despise those people... they are probably the same people who bitch at me about the tax rate.

Comment

My evening bus is at the end of the route for the driver and the bus once it drops us at BART. At that point the driver returns the bus to the garage and goes home. Also, after a certain point in the route, the driver no longer has to keep to the timetable, so they can go as fast as they want.

About a week ago, we had a drive filling in, and he was obviously in a hurry to get home. Fine with me. As we pulled into the BART station, he went into full pilot mode: "Passengers, we'd like to thank for flying ACTransit today. At this time, we'd like to ask you to lock your tray tables. Please return your seats to their upright and locked positions. Please check the storage spaces above and below your seats for any personal items before disembarking. Have a good evening. Again, thank you for flying ACTransit, and we hope you'll consider us in the future for your travel needs."
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    My evening bus is at the end of the route for the driver and the bus once it drops us at BART. At that point the driver returns the bus to the garage and goes home. Also, after a certain point in the route, the driver no longer has to keep to the timetable, so they can go as fast as they want.
                    that sounds like the old route 56 to the airport (I don't know what the new route is, don't really care either, I no longer have to commute to the airport through the west valley)... but once the bus hit Bangerter Highway there weren't anymore stops until the airport and the bus driver could go as fast as they pleased and get into the airport as early as they wished.... and you could always tell had bad the driver had to go to the bathroom by the time they hit Bangerter by how much of a maniac they became with their driving (they only had 2 places they could stop for restroom breaks, Meadowbrook Trax and the Airport... and they normally didn't have time at Meadowbrook because they actually had to keep a schedule going into Meadowbrook).

Comment

Quoth redmountaingoldfish View Post
                      Slightly OT -

if someone votes for whoever or whatever then they have every right to bitch BUT if you don't bother to vote then you have no right to complain cause you weren't part of the political process.

Comment

Working...
                      X