This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think i upset an American

well i was filling the block cheese today, when the lady in question asked me if we
    had any American cheese,well i stupidly said"its not something we sell but we have got some Canadian chedder" oops should not have said that, she then went into a ten minute rant on how she could'nt make her maccaroni cheese now.I refrained from pointing out we stock several dozen english cheeses that we have struggled by with for the last several hundred years.
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

eeeeew, homemade mac and cheese with american cheese? blech!
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Geez, its not like there is no other variety that you could sub...

Someone needs more/less caffiene!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        eeeeew, homemade mac and cheese with american cheese? blech!
        agreed! Gross!

I use cheddar at my house. BF hates cheddar so I'm guaranteed not so share.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Omg :'( Canadian cheddar.... would you send me some? I've not had good canadian extra extra sharp cheddar in years. neither some of your incredibly delicious creamy honey....
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

This is why I wouldn't move to another country, I just couldn't live without my lancashire cheese, though Feta comes close.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

No american, why it the single most popular cheese in the world....

Not around here ma'am...

Comment

Random Fun Fact: You know how they made American cheese?

First they make cheese (Mozzarella, cheddar, whatever). Then they take all the sections that they cut off (deformed-looking, too much for the packaging, etc.). Then they take the varied cheese parts and mix them in a vat. I can't remember the technical parts of how, but they blend the cheeses with food color, then package it as American.

(This Random Fun Fact was brought to you by the TV show "How It's Made", and the fact I have seen that episode at least three times.)
                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

They have Canadian cheddar? And I thought cheddar was made in Cheddar.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

How dare you not stock American Cheese! Don't you know you're in America? Oh...wait.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

OK, shoot me if you must, but I like to use Velveeta cheese for Mac and Cheese.
                      Also for grilled cheese sandwiches. :-)
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                        When I have it in the house, I also use Velveeta. BF hates it too!
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          But Velveeta has something a little different from normal american cheese. It reminds me of the government cheese (cheese that was given out in foodbanks, a whole log of it.) that we had when I was little. It's american cheese but at the same time it's not. There is just something extra there that isn't in american cheese anymore.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                            When I have it in the house, I also use Velveeta. BF hates it too!

you know, you do so much for no other reason than your BF hates it I'm kinda surprised he puts up with you.

That and does he know about your online affair with GK?
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

you know, you do so much for no other reason than your BF hates it I'm kinda surprised he puts up with you.

That and does he know about your online affair with GK?
                              Is there a rule where I have to stop doing things or eating things that I like because my significant other does not like it? Honestly, the guy can't stand macaroni and cheese period and, what, you expect me to never eat it again? I hate pickles, which he loves, does that make me a bad girlfriend? Does it also make me a bad girlfriend because I enjoy picking on him, which he does to me just as well if not better?

I can't stand computer games, for the most part. Yet he plays all the time. Should we break up just for this reason?

And, Oh My God! I'm having an affair with GK? Since when?! Do NOT insinuate such a thing, please.
                              Last edited by Evil Queen; 06-07-2008, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X