Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade mac n cheese + American cheese = Blech! My aunt once made homemade mac n cheese with gouda cheese from Holland....mmm!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I so wish I was there so I'd have a reason to die laughing in a grocery store.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
        Omg :'( Canadian cheddar.... would you send me some? I've not had good canadian extra extra sharp cheddar in years.
        Oh GOD is there someone out there with some real acadian cheddar. I have a Canadian $20.00 in my drawer for the first person who will send me a pound.

""""Realizes how totally weird that sounded and hides in the closet''''''''
        Eben56
        If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Hey Eban, if you live in Maine, can't you just mosy over the Canadian/US boarder and buy yourself some? Or is Maine not where I think it is?

Probably the latter. Nevermind.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Hey Eban, if you live in Maine, can't you just mosy over the Canadian/US boarder and buy yourself some? Or is Maine not where I think it is?

Probably the latter. Nevermind.
            No... Its right next door.... I love my Canadian brothers and sisters. I have always though Maine, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia should break off and become the country of "Acadia".

Yes, I'm in Maine but I'm still about 100 miles from the border. ANd crossing isn't as easy as it used to be. I DO go there once a year or so. Its some of the most beautiful country in the world AND the people are some of the friendliest.. Don't get me going about how much I love Canada.. That is a different blog.
            Eben56
            If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

you know, you do so much for no other reason than your BF hates it I'm kinda surprised he puts up with you.

That and does he know about your online affair with GK?
              Ummm.... rude much, smiley?

I may be a little biased due to my relationship status, but I say any guy who had an issue with flirting with a person on a forum is a jealous jerk and should be dumped.
              My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                OK, shoot me if you must, but I like to use Velveeta cheese for Mac and Cheese.
                One of San Francisco columnist Herb Caen's most famous put downs: "Chico? That's where they put Velveeta in the gourmet section."

Hey, my wife is a fantastic cook, and she has a thing for Spam. Guilty pleasures are still pleasures.

I can't stand Spam myself, but love spam-ku:

"Fed my dog Spam
                He pissed in my shoe
                Bitter little fuck"

Comment

I always feel like the person who doesn't "get it", but what's so bad about American cheese?
                  Is it more like "cheese" nudgenudge in the same way that CheezeWiz is "cheese", or is it just gross in taste?
                  I always thought American cheese was just a certain version of cheddar.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    eeeeew, homemade mac and cheese with american cheese? blech!
                    My thoughts exactly.
                    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                    ----
                    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

you know, you do so much for no other reason than your BF hates it I'm kinda surprised he puts up with you.

That and does he know about your online affair with GK?
                      It's also called PERSONALITY. Everyone's different, ya know. I don't touch Mac and Cheese made with Velveeta with a ten foot pole, and EQ made it like that when we were young teens. Only thing I use Velveeta for is salsa dip. Other than that it's gross.

Actually, I eat Mac&Cheese from the box.
                      Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 06-07-2008, 03:43 AM. Reason: adolescent poles :D
                      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Man, I'd do just about anything for my mom's homemade mac n cheese. Yum! I think I'd have taken whatever you had just to make some for myself. Not all mac n cheese needs american cheese.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

American cheese is just processed cheddar. Nothing wrong with it, it's just a nice mild cheese. Of course if you're making your own mac'n'cheese why only use one kind?

Comment

REAL American cheese is quite tasty. AS I think was mentioned it is basically a soft mild cheddar. I think the bad rap is that most American cheese you buy in the markets is "processed American cheese food". The closest it comes to being a dairy product is when its in the same cooler as the milk. It is made with oil.

Kind of like margarine is related to butter.
                            Eben56

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              Is there a rule where I have to stop doing things or eating things that I like because my significant other does not like it? Honestly, the guy can't stand macaroni and cheese period and, what, you expect me to never eat it again? I hate pickles, which he loves, does that make me a bad girlfriend? Does it also make me a bad girlfriend because I enjoy picking on him, which he does to me just as well if not better?

I can't stand computer games, for the most part. Yet he plays all the time. Should we break up just for this reason?

And, Oh My God! I'm having an affair with GK? Since when?! Do NOT insinuate such a thing, please.
                              I know it's too late to unsay things (well I guess I could have a mod delete my post, but that's besides the point) but please do accept my apologies... That is the sort of humor that I would use amongst close friends that would know that I know them well enough that I wasn't seriously insinuating anything, which in retrospect is completely inappropriate for a public discussion forum and will in the future engage the brain to mouth filter and keep in mind the context of the conversation before posting something so stupid.
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I know it's too late to unsay things (well I guess I could have a mod delete my post, but that's besides the point) but please do accept my apologies...
                                Good, I was about to bite you. -.-

Comment

Working...
                                X