Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete insanity. (Language. Lots of it.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete insanity. (Language. Lots of it.)

All right. This one is getting pictures so you can see how utterly INSANE this customer is.

A while back I made a Flareon plush. (Flareon is a pokemon.)

The plush looked like this:

Flareon is part of a set of eight pokemon, all of which have the same basic body type, with various embellishments. So I used that exact same pattern to make Umbreon:

And Jolteon:

Seeing these, a customer took one of my rare slots for a pokemon plush (I don't ordinarily make anything copyrighted, but for pokemon I have occasional exceptions.) He ordered a Leafeon. Which I finished yesterday. Leafeon looks like this:

Obviously the same pattern, right? Same head shape. Same everything.

HE DOESN'T LIKE IT. He wants me to change the shape of the head, make the neck thinner, and change the shape of the eyes. I SPECIFICALLY TOLD HIM THAT THE HEAD WOULD BE SHAPED LIKE MY OTHER PLUSHES. SPECIFICALLY. And he doesn't like it.

I am fricking PISSED right now. I worked my butt off to make this, and he doesn't like it? And his message wasn't any polite "is it possible to change this please" message, oh no! His email starts with "The first thing that comes to mind is .. 'What the fuck happened to it!?'" Then he sits down and DICTATES a fucking LIST of what he doesn't like, and says that he's not going to pay for it if I don't change everything to suit him.

Well he can fuck off. If he won't pay me what he still owes for it, I can quite easily find another buyer. There is NO way in HELL I'm re-doing this. No FUCKING way.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Quoth spark View Post
    Is kitty looking covetously at the Leafeon?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Kitty is jealous of the attention Leafeon was getting.
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Comment

I wouldnt either! They all look great. Tell him to f*** off.

Comment

...Try showing him a pic from the side? It'll look obvious that its the same pattern if you pose Leafeon the same way you had Jolteon, so that might work? I can clearly see they're the same pattern, but changes in angles can be weird on peoples perception.

On a side note: Those are so adorable!

Comment

I did show a pic from the side! I gave him all four angles.

Comment

Leafeon vs LOLcat

FIGHT!

Leafeon uses Razor Leaf

LOLcat uses Catnip and eats Razor Leaf

Leafeon uses Quick Attack

LOLcat uses Meh! and is unharmed

Leafeon uses Leaf Blade

LOLcat uses FAIL! to block attack

Leafeon is stunned by failure

LOLcat uses Ceiling Cat to teleport

LOLcat uses Can Haz Cheeseburger?

Leafeon is confused

LOLcat uses KTHXBYE

Leafeon is defeated!
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Okay, gorgeous plushes. Amazing work. The guy is completely wrong about the head and eyes and such. That part's perfect. I think the photo's just at a bad viewing angle for the leaf on the center of its head, but I can tell it's a separate thing. I honestly don't know where your customer got off.

Edit: And yeah, if you showed him all 4 views, and he still wanted to change? Yeah, no.
                Last edited by Ellf; 06-22-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Those are all awesome and if I had the money I would buy it. My husband and son are both obsessed with Pokemon and would love to have an awesome plush like that! I will have to keep you in mind come Christmas time, I need to start saving now

Comment

GAH if I had the money I would so wait for a pokemon slot to open and see if I can get a mawhile or one of the feline pokemon, SOOO CUTE! or maybe one of the -eons or a ninetails, GAH TOO MANY

seriously that guy seems way too picky, they are perfect!
                    http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

Fuck him, that's beautiful work!

Comment

I don't even know anything about Pokeman, but they are all beautiful!
                        Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Your Pokemans, show me them.

Oh, you did.

Well...they're nothing short of awesome. Tell him to shut his Meowth.

Comment

yes, this turd doesn't deserve something so nice and cute; send him a pile of rubber dogshit instead.
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Those are gorgeous! Your work is really lovely. The customer is an idiot.

And Kitty looks a bit....perturbed...
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X