X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sucky but gross

These are the customers that make me damn happy to be wearing gloves:

* The guys (almost always guys, don't know why, and mostly elderly) who open their wallet to get out their cash ... and lick their thumb prior to thumbing through their cash to get the correct bills. It used to just make me raise an eyebrow; now it squicks me out. Seriously, they can ban the acceptance of cash anytime they like. I don't know why they haven't; we aren't allowed to do cashbacks ... but we can accept cash in payment??

* Then again, electronics have their own hazards. I asked a woman for her points card the other day and it was on her phone ... which was tucked into her bra. VERY glad that I didn't have to touch it at all; I just used the scan gun on it.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

In my own cashier days, I loathed the ones who'd haul WET money out of a pocket, bra, or sock. EEEEWWWW.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... on her phone ... which was tucked into her bra. ...
      ...the scan gun aim was off and you got a BOGO on the bra-stuffing?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

No cash

About half the stores I go to now are no cash - the majority are food stores (like Wendy's, Arby's, Burger King, etc). They want the people who have to handle food handle as little money as possible.

Comment

When the lockdowns were just in their infancy about two months ago, I witnessed this middle-aged guy holding a couple of scratched-off lottery tickets IN HIS MOUTH as he rooted around in his wallet before we went to the service desk to cash them in.

Comment

I have about $100 in cash in my wallet that I cant do anything with. I'm thinking about hiding it and keep it as a backup emergency fund.

Comment

I'm doing that now. The hard part is getting my mom to forget about the fact that I have cash (stop asking me to 'spot you', right now you get way more money per week than I do).

I use cash at SCO a lot; the card readers are covered with plastic which means the buttons don't work the way they should (especially on the screen).
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-24-2020, 02:53 PM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                I have about $100 in cash in my wallet that I cant do anything with..
                Just pass it over here.. I'm sure I can find a use for it somehow
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Always the helpful friend, Kit-Ginevra.
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I like to have some cash on me just in case I need it, although I've been using my main credit card more often because of current affairs. But even before everything, I didn't like those who licked their fingers to get their cash -- just, ew.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X