X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grumpy man on the phone

To give a little background info on this:

The library system which I work in was closed to the public back in March, and last month, we started curbside pick-up service for hold requests. This is supposedly the first phase of our re-opening plan, have heard nothing yet about what the next phase involves.

Anyhow, so I was scheduled as one of the people to answer the phones, and the first thing we're supposed to ask is for the customer's library card number. The guy starts reading it off to me, and I don't know what the phone line is doing on his end, but on mine, it starts crackling and the sound fades in and out.

So I have to ask the guy to repeat himself a few times, and then he gets this annoyed/mildly snippy tone to his voice, and asks me not to talk while he's reading off his library card number, because it's very "disconcerting" (in his words). The final time he tried to read his library card number off to me, it worked, and I completed the transaction with no other issues.

It definitely wasn't a big issue when comparing to other incidents I've had, but it was just the way this guy expressed himself that I found to be rude.

Oh I know the type. The kind who grump when you need clarification to get the job done, but will bitch whine and moan at the smallest mistake too. Then act surprised that there’s an actual method to your madness and you’re not just asking questions to hear yourself speak.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
      Oh I know the type. The kind who grump when you need clarification to get the job done, but will bitch whine and moan at the smallest mistake too. Then act surprised that there’s an actual method to your madness and you’re not just asking questions to hear yourself speak.
      Argh. This.

I know you want to order a toilet, but if you don’t tell which of your hundreds of locations it’s being delivered to, I can’t process the order. Also, I’m not trying to make your life harder by asking for a purchase order number. My system requires it, and so does yours when the product arrives.

Comment

Quoth taeraresh View Post
        Argh. This.

I know you want to order a toilet, but if you don’t tell which of your hundreds of locations it’s being delivered to, I can’t process the order. Also, I’m not trying to make your life harder by asking for a purchase order number. My system requires it, and so does yours when the product arrives.
        Assuming they don’t fuck it up and give you the wrong address to deliver to anyway. Then you have one place wondering why they have an extra shitter and another wondering where theirs went off to. We are of course still assuming the person even knows how to use their own system in the first place
        Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
        X