• Show
Clear All

Oh god, it's stuck in my head!

Comment

Quoth evileatinggrasshopper View Post
      Oh god, it's stuck in my head!
      Cut it off! Quick!

... You'll be much happier ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
        There's another video linked from that one, showing grocery prices in Nunavut. Looking at that, I suddenly have no problems at all understanding that GK's customers don't blink at spending 500$ on pants.
        I'll make a comment as soon as I pick my jaw up off the floor!

Those prices are insane!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          I'll make a comment as soon as I pick my jaw up off the floor!

Those prices are insane!
          A lot of that probably has to do with the logistics of hauling the stuff up to the few supermarkets they have there.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Those prices are insane!
            Oh yes. Though tempered somewhat by the fact they pay no taxes. Remember how damn far north this is though. Even our shipping is $50 minimum up there. Generally the more basic something is the cheaper it will be, but luxury goods are crazy expensive up there.

Comment

How did I miss this thread completely?

Oh. Yeah. Fantasy Fest. Duh. It kinda has that effect. Well, hell. Let's get to it then, shall we?

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Let me see if I have the gist of your question: You want to know if your credit card will be charged if you put together an order on the website, but don’t actually enter any of your credit card information? …….Really? …No, really? You’re really worried your card will be charged even if you didn’t enter any payment information?
              I can't tell you the number of times I've had customers who have asked for a pen so they can sign for their credit card...despite the fact that they have not yet given me the credit card, and have only the bill in front of them.

I actually understood this when I worked at the hotel, as it had a space for people to put in a tip if they were signing it to their room. Sadly, and predictably, though, this led to more than one non-guest of the hotel signing for their meal and including a tip in the appropriate line, assuming it was their credit card slip, although they had not given us their credit card. Which meant, of course, that neither the hotel nor the tipped employee would be seeing their money.

Yeah, it sucked.

Tormented day in and day out by never knowing the answer to the greatest mystery I have ever faced on this planet.
              You mean, besides the strange allure to so many of pink camo clothing products?

Me: “And your first name please, ma’am?”
              SC: “Amy <Belch>”

Away with you, Aphrodite! I will not be tempted by your feminine wiles!
              All jokes aside, a woman that can really let loose a raucous belch will turn my head with interest.

Of course, that's assuming she's not a trucker in flannel named Alice with a deeper voice than me. The belching can't be her ONLY worthwhile quality!

I do have standards, after all.

It is the saddest song ever produced or performed by the human race.
              Clearly you've never had the misfortune of listening to the appropriately named Tragically Hip.

Or maybe you're just avoiding this topic since they are, ya know, Canadian.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              And how do you spell that?
              Honestly, those would have been the first words out of my mouth if I had fielded that call.

I'm just naturally a smartass like that, I guess.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Clearly you've never had the misfortune of listening to the appropriately named Tragically Hip.

Or maybe you're just avoiding this topic since they are, ya know, Canadian.
                As part of Canadian Music Agreement of 2003, all Canadians have been granted full amnesty from having to apologize any further for our musical exports. Between Nickleback, Celine Dion, Tragically Hip and Justin Bieber, "Oh God, I'm so sorry" had all but replaced "Hello, welcome to Canada!".

International visitors who still feel slighted may apply directly to the government for a free Bryan Adams CD.

Comment

all Canadians have been granted full amnesty ...
                  Meh. Fred Eaglesmith, The Duhks, Cowboy Junkies, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell...

You're freegiven.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

International visitors who still feel slighted may apply directly to the government for a free Bryan Adams CD.
                    Hopefully pre-Prince of Thieves Bryan Adams, as since that time, he has basically produced chick flick dreck. Pre-PoT, though, Adams rocked.

I wonder if they'd allow you to substitute an Alanis Morissette CD....?

By the way, there are plenty of really good and even great Canadian musicians. In addition to some already mentioned, there's April Wine, Avril Lavigne, Chantal Kreviazuk, Jeff Healey, Gordon Lightfoot, The Guess Who, Shania Twain, my favorite Canadian group, Rush, and probably several others I can't think of.

But yeah, Celine Dion, Bieber (who I didn't realize was Canadian; he seems so much more a product of American corporate music), and my college music nemesis, the Tragically Hip. All bleah. To be fair, I encountered worse bands in my college radio days, but none with the name recognition of the Tragically Hip. I think I won a free album of theirs once...I was actually angry at the people who gave it to me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

There's also Sarah Machlachlan (I'm sure I butchered that), who can purr me to sleep any time she wants.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                      X