This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby reds: do you have them?

A touch of background information (so you all can understand the stupidity of this customer):

The Pit has new mashed potatoes (supposedly new and improved!) that are made from smashed baby red potatoes. We do not, nor have we ever had whole baby reds. Never. And by never, I mean never ever ever.

With that being said, enter table of four elderly people.
    DL: Dumb Lady
    Me: The one who is wanting to bash their face against the nearest wall

Me: Yes ma'am, what would you like with your salmon? You have your choice of baked potato, mashed potato, or french fries.

DL: Do you have baby reds? I read in here somewhere you have them.

Me: Yes, they're what we make our mashed potatoes out of.

DL: No, do you have baby reds? I don't want mashed potatoes.

Me: ...We only have them if they're mashed. We don't have whole ones.

DL: It says *flips to page in menu and points* that you have baby red potatoes!!

Me: Yes, but they're mashed!

DL: So you don't have whole baby reds? Are you sure? I remember getting them in here a little while ago.

Me: Um, you probably didn't get them from here if they were whole. I've been working here for two years (*inward cringe*) and not once have we ever served whole baby red potatoes. Never.

DL: Oh. *pause* If I order something else, can I get them?

Me: *headdesk* No, we don't have them at all.

DL: *BLANK FACE*

Me: *Suddenly, I realize that I am going to have to spell out the situation for her* Ma'am, our mashed potatoes are made of baby red potatoes instead of an instant mix. We do not, nor have we ever served whole red potatoes. The only whole potatoes we have are used for baked potatoes, and those are just your run of the mill yukon potato. Not red potatoes.

DL: So are your mashed potatoes the reds then?

Me: *double headdesk* Yes. *sigh*

DL: Ooooohhhh. What were my choices again?

Me: Baked potato, mashed potatoes made from the baby reds, or french fries.

DL: *Exaggerated sigh* Weeeelll, I guess I will have to go with the mashed potatoes.

Me: *breathes a sigh of relief*

I think I lost a couple hundred brain cells during that conversation. Dear Lord.
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

With the peel still on them? Oh, YUMMY! Those make the best mashed taters. <3 Add a little butter and some chive and, oh, it's good.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth cloudiko View Post
      I think I lost a couple hundred brain cells during that conversation. Dear Lord.
      Me too, and I only read about it. Sorry you had to live it...

Comment

This reminds me of my Red Pop experience.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=26412

I don't know what it is with old people sometimes. I mean, they're not overly stupid, per se, they're just highly resistant to the fact that what they thought was the case is actually not.
        It's not like they're old and senile, they just can't accept the fact that they're wrong, and not in an SC kind of way, but more of an utter bafflement.
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Working...
        X