This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think any medicine will help o_o

This lady wasn't sucky but I really have to share as myself and the Pharmacist laughed the whole day over it.

A lady came in aged around 50 - 60 and saw a poster behind the counter about migraine relief. As she was buying her goods this conversation took place.

Her: Oh are those new pills for migraine?
    Me: Yes they've just been made avaliable to be purchased. You needed to see a doctor to have them prescribed before.
    Her: My mother suffers terribly from migraines and nothing works. She's tried the diets and all the therapys but nothing helps, would it help her?

( These pills aren't recommended for people over 60 so her looking old made me think her mum would be too old for them)

Me: They're not really suitable for everyone. How old is your mother?
    Her: Oh she died
    Me:.....ok

I really didn't know what to say to that! she made it sound like she was asking for advice for someone living.

And she said that with a straight face?

Actually, that sounds like something my mom would do ....
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Somehow, I think her mom no longer suffers from anything. Much less, migraines.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm going to be really pissed off if I have to still suffer from migraines when I die! God and I will have words!
        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

so this is me after reading this story:

oh, and this one too:
          "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Well...being dead is about as effective a headache cure as I've ever heard of.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Thats a bit confusing.
              No way or excuse around it either that would not make it sound so ridiculous.
              - Boochan

Comment

Maybe her mum's ghost is hanging around, complaining of migraines, and it's bugging her.
                Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Well...being dead is about as effective a headache cure as I've ever heard of.
                  man, I hope so...at least I can hope for some end to the pain!!

(actually, I don't get them as often or as bad as I used to, but still I hate them!)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ok... I have to ask, since I get horrid migraines (and I'm very much so under 60, since I just turned 29 on the 4th)....

What is the migraine medication that you're talking about in this? It's something that you used to have to get a Rx for but is now OTC?

Thanks!
                    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
                      What is the migraine medication that you're talking about in this? It's something that you used to have to get a Rx for but is now OTC?

Thanks!
                      It sounds like they're a recently released pill, available by prescription only, but the poster is merely promotional material to make people go to their doctor and go "Gimme this one!"
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

OK, here's all I could think of. Maybe she was actually asking about her own migraines threw the "I have this friend with a problem..." method using her mom as the friend. Then when you asked about her mom she forgot she was just fishing for information about the product and told you the truth.

Yeah, it's a stretch. But what explanation for this wouldn't be?

If only all children took this good of care of their dead mothers. Ungrateful...

Comment

Quoth bardicwench View Post
                          Ok... I have to ask, since I get horrid migraines (and I'm very much so under 60, since I just turned 29 on the 4th)....

Thanks!
                          It's OTC name is Imigrain and the drug name is Sumitriptan

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post

Thank you!

EDIT: Oh darn... only OTC in the UK. Guess I'll stick with AC&C from Canada for now. :P
                            Last edited by Wenchie; 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM.
                            "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth dizzy_starshine View Post
                              That's Imitrex in the US. Very much by Rx only, and very expensive if you don't have insurance (about $20 per pill).
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X