This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Primer View Post
    That's Imitrex in the US. Very much by Rx only, and very expensive if you don't have insurance (about $20 per pill).
    It's cheaper than it used to be. When I was first put on Imitrex 10 years ago, it was $50 per pill for the 100mg tablets. But still.... my problem is that I get really bad migraines and my insurance will only cover a small amount of migraine medication.
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

"Sorry, Ma'am. The medicine is not recommended for children under 12 or dead people."
      "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
      "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
      --Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
        That's Imitrex in the US. Very much by Rx only, and very expensive if you don't have insurance (about $20 per pill).
        Ahhh, Imitrex it even worked on the migraine I got from the concussion. I was a happy girl when that happened.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          I'm going to be really pissed off if I have to still suffer from migraines when I die! God and I will have words!
          I know what you mean. I had a severe one just a few days ago -- the nausea, the throbbing pain from behind my left eye, the complete and total lack of energy -- I really thought I was going to start crying and/or hurling.

Migraines after you're already dead. I guess that would be one possible idea of hell.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Since one of my BF's suggested 'cures' for a headache (or wrist, ankle, hip, any pain anywhere) is 'just cut it off, then it'll stop hurting' I sincerely hope that being dead is a migraine cure. It's not one that I'm eager to try (except in the wallows of a particularly painful migraine), but it's a future option.
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

If you have migraines, try to find an herb called feverfew. It's a specific remedy against migraines.

Comment

bardicwench, I used to get really bad migranes too. I still get bad headaches when I'm PMS'ing. One medication that I used to take was called Imitrex, and my doc gave it to me (prescription). It stopped the pain, but not the nausea, and it would just knock me right out. But still, it was much better than having to suffer through the headaches.
                This is something that you might want to ask your doc about.

Oops, didn't realize someone else had posted about it already. But be prepared to have a good sit down with your doc and discuss medications with them. Oh and ask about side effects too, as well as drug interactions.
                Last edited by Kirkygirl; 07-14-2008, 06:10 AM. Reason: Information Already Posted
                "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                  I'm going to be really pissed off if I have to still suffer from migraines when I die! God and I will have words!
                  To quote Arthur Dent from HHGttG,

I don't want to die now, I've still got a headache. I don't want to go to heaven with a headache, I'd be all cross and wouldn't enjoy it.
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Over the past few days, I've been reading a lot of books and articles on dealing with grief.

Just last night, I was reading about one of the stages, which is denial. I read that the person will still talk about the person, and the things they did, in the present tense, as if they are still alive.

Maybe her Mom died recently and she's still in that denial stage?
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
                    X