X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
    Oh, AC, DO tell!
    It wasn't really that interesting, he stopped me, tried to sell me something, decided I was his friends girlfriends college roommate, and asked me out. I was 17 and looked younger.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I was an avid bus taker before i got a car, and some really creepy old guy approached me at the bus stop and asked, "would you be interested in being my girlfriend or wife?" and all I could say was, "dude... I'm 14!" (The horrible part was they only very recently changed the law that 14 year olds can get married in my state...)
      No race card here though, so i guess OT, sorry.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
        Oh the joy of being in the adult beverage store and being hit on . . .
        I have very pale skin (I burn in a blink)
        I don't know why it is that the only time I seem to be asked out anymore is if I am picking up a six pack (or 12 pack) And they are never anyone I would want to date anyway.
        Sadly about 3 months ago an attempt at the race card was pulled . . .however there was another female there whom replied for me . . .in English she said - "no you idiot it isn't because your are ________ - it is becuase you asked her out in _______ and she didn't understand you" She rolled her eyes and walked on. . . I followed quickly.

I'm assuming the person who asked you asked you in a different language?

Comment

THEM: "Is it because I'm black?"
          JESTER: "Wait....you're black!??!?!"

That usually shuts them up!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

SC: "Is it because I'm Asian?"
            Me: "No it's because there's no power to run the pumps or the tills. Nobody can buy anything until the power comes back on."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              THEM: "Is it because I'm black?"
              JESTER: "Wait....you're black!??!?!"

That usually shuts them up!
              That's usually what I do, followed with a "Does Mom know?!?!?!!???"
              "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
              "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
              X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

I have had someone pull the reace card on me over the phone before.

The caller had a very "english" name and spoke with a strong midlands accent.

I informed the caller that i could not re-start his payment plan because he'd failed it three times. (company rules, a sort of "three strikes and you're out" thing)

The customer got very angry and suddenly yelled "I bet it's because i'm black isn't it, You racist's make me sick!"

I pointed out that we were on the phone and for all he knew I was black too.

He hung up on me.

Comment

Is it wrong that I'd want to reply "yes"? Obviously that wouldn't be the reason but I'd love to see the reaction.

Comment

Yes, that would be correct . . .the person trying to talk me up was asking in another language.
                    (Ummm I actually understood them but . . . I will stop here cause the rest of what I have to say would be a soap box sermon welcomed in Fratching)

Comment

You know what is really messed up?

There ARE people being screwed over and denied employment--because of their skin color (of course, they aren't told "it's because you're black", they are given other reasons, because denying someone a job because of their race--well, that's just not legal, is it?), or where they are from, or what language they speak.

It's the assholes who use the race card for stupid shit that trivialize it, and make people forget about the people are are legitimately complaining about ACTUAL bad stuff and actually being treated like shit.

I am a white woman. I live in a southern state (not too far south though). Many times I'll get a white customer who wants to talk about "them", and they assume, because I'm a white woman--and this is the south, that--I want to talk about how horrible "they" are (usually, black folks). And I'm left dumbfounded, because well, seriously--what the hell am I supposed to do. I don't participate in the conversation, usually they get the clue, but sometimes, they'll just blather on and on.

I was talking to someone about the presidential elections. This person normally votes democratic, but she wasn't this year, because... "we aint never had a n----r in the white house". Seriously.

Racism is very much still a reality. Which leads me to the question---WHY the hell do people feel the need to INVENT it, where there isn't any?

Blah, sorry.
                      you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

I think in the situation of asking someone out . . .it has to do with not having to take the rejection personally.
                        So rather then figuring out how to successfully flirt and read signal from the person . . .they just say oh that person has the parts I like to enjoy (or even an actual interest in getting to know the person)- I am going to ask them out -even though they don't know me, haven't made eye contact etc.- then when they are told NO - they blame it on their skin- cause then the person rejecting them looks like a sub-human and they don't have to think ill of themselves.
                        Then again that is just one thought as to the why.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                          Racism is very much still a reality. Which leads me to the question---WHY the hell do people feel the need to INVENT it, where there isn't any?
                          In the minds of an SC, at the very least, you owe them. Who knows why. You owe them cause they're poor and can't afford it, or they're rich and deserve special treatment, or they're a minority and have to fight the oppression of their people, or they're WASP and are much more deserving than those people.

In this particular style of Race-Card-pulling SC, you owe them because don't you know what your ancestors did to them?
                          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

How about "Yes it's because you're (insert downtrodden group here) didn't you see the sign on the door? CAN'T YOU PEOPLE READ???"

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                              I was talking to someone about the presidential elections. This person normally votes democratic, but she wasn't this year, because... "we aint never had a n----r in the white house". Seriously.
                              I saw on CNN last night "Despite the fact I've always voted Democrat, I will not vote for Obama because I think he's a Muslim.

GAH!!! Wrong, not to mention, does no one ever think about "separation of Church and State"?

I'll stop before I'm told to go to Fratching.

Comment

This wasn't a customer, but we had a guy in my department (I'll call him Rick) at Macy's who tried to pull the race card whenever our manager got complaints about his work habits - he would tell her that the "real" problem was that we just didn't like him because he was black. Then, when we hired "Brenda" (who was black), "Rick" tried to convince her that we were all racist and to stick with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X