Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sucked the way he told you, but he was just doing his job.

I get yelled at every single day for doing my job, so yeah I feel for the guy. Granted, I try to say it in a way that reduces the yelling, so part of the suck is on him.

Bottom line, he didn't deserve your response.

Sorry.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I dunno. I throw the f-word around like a frisbee, so I would've lol'd as that employee. Except I would've been like "Yeah, logic, it's a wonderful thing: too bad corporate doesn't use it"

Comment

The ranch is probably figured into the cost of the wings. Not anything else on the menu. As for the cursing I wouldn't have given you a damn thing after that. I would have asked you to leave though.

Comment

Sucky. Definately. There's never an excuse to curse at an employee - they're just trying to do their job. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated and all that.

And really? Over ranch dressing? If it had been me, I would've pointed you to the direction of the nearest grocery store where you could buy whole bottles of the stuff.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I have to agree with pezzle, I swear a LOT. To me it sounds like the OP was using a joking, light tone when he/she said "now ya see where you fucked up?" But I have a terrible sense of humor. Personally, I might have said the same thing, and if I realized I offended the person, I would apologize profusely.
            So, to the OP, I think I got the joke, but just remember the general public is easily offended. Just be careful you don't accidentally offend anyone who is significantly bigger and meaner then you.
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Sucky - yes, doubly so with tossing the f-bomb in the conversation. Customers who swear at me get hung up on, just so you know.

As for the employee - uh yeah, you do give out ranch for the chicken. I will only eat the crispy strips with ranch. So if it ain't chicken I'm getting, then I want to know what the hell I've been buying since they introduced the family pack *shudders*

Not to be snarky, but if you're desperate for ranch, keep some packs in a cool dry place (assuming you're not going to be eating in the car) or a bottle in the fridge.

Quoth saranykm View Post
              so was i sucky? i though it was funny
              Not funny at all. Again, cursing is not a way of breaking the ice. It only shows just how immature one can be.
              Random conversation:
              Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
              DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                I would have been quite offended, in his position. I would have taken it as you calling me a moron for enforcing a stupid policy that I hadn't quite phrased right.
                Sorry I need to rant a sec on this topic...

I agree. I get this all time at TB (which is owned by Yum Brands*read Pepsi* along with KFC, Pizza Hut, LJS and A&W) They have all these stupid policies in place about this kind of thing. I know the rest have them but these 2 I know for sure.

At TB....1 packet of sauce per every 2 items (yes we know it's stupid but please don't scream at us for doing our job. Also yes we do get in trouble for handing out handfuls of sauce or napkins) And no...sour cream, salsa, guac, ect...are NOT free. So waiting till I hand you your food to ask doesn't mean I'll do it for free "Just this once..."

At KFC....if you don't order wings or popcorn chicken you may buy sides of sauce but we can get in trouble for just handing it out.

With that being said if it were me I would've told you "Ok, that will be $0.35 each. How many would you like?"

Sorry to go off. I will be so glad when this week is over and I'm finally done with TB for good.

Comment

Well... It's a bit hard to know exactly both sides without really knowing the tone used by both the OP and the employee. I think I'd have to agree with what's mainly been said. I think it could have been worded much better and the cursing really would have peeved me had I been the one at the window. It would certainly have encouraged me to be much less flexible or helpful than I might have been.
                  If the policy is so nonsensical to you, I would suggest letting someone in management or corporate know, rather than getting annoyed with an employee. Honestly, they have absolutely no control over it and it probably aggravates them much more than it aggravates you (mainly because of irate customers).
                  "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck." - Doctor Who

Comment

Quoth traylk View Post
                    (which is owned by Yum Brands*read Pepsi* along with KFC, Pizza Hut, LJS and A&W)
                    Off-topic, but Pepsi no longer owns Yum! Corporation. They're a completely separate entity as of the past 5+ years.

Quoth saranykm View Post
                    I go there about 1-2 times a week and never been charged so this was a first
                    And, back on topic, while I agree that the OP was out of line in phrasing and attitude, could we all PLEASE stop the of how out of line it was and notice that little line above?

You know, the one that pretty much shows this wasn't just randomly demanding ranch out of nowhere and throwing a hissy-fit?

Seems to me, given that every previous time the person at the counter handed over the sauces separately without any form of additional payment mentioned, the OP had a very reasonable expectation that the sauces would be free, or at least available for a nominal charge.

Also, the guy at the counter did play an active part in this suck by escalating the situation with his stonewalling, near-monosyllabic answers. Assuming the recounting is accurate, there was no mention of "I'll have to charge you for them" or "sauces cost $.xx unless they're with wings" in the transaction, just "I can't do that, Dave" rephrased several different ways. That kind of dead-end, no-options response is pretty much the worst way to deal with someone making a reasonable request if you want them to stay a happy customer.
                    Last edited by JustADude; 07-12-2008, 12:18 PM.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Well, it's entirely possible this employee was new and had been trained to give ranch dressings only with wings, and had not been made aware that they can give them at a nominal charge with other orders.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Wording could've been better, but I agree with the general idea...since you were, after all, getting chicken.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow you're being more of an SC than I thought. I didn't notice that you actually said "the other guy let me do it". What next demanding a manager? Asking if they have it in the back?

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                            Also, the guy at the counter did play an active part in this suck by escalating the situation with his stonewalling, near-monosyllabic answers. Assuming the recounting is accurate, there was no mention of "I'll have to charge you for them" or "sauces cost $.xx unless they're with wings" in the transaction, just "I can't do that, Dave" rephrased several different ways. That kind of dead-end, no-options response is pretty much the worst way to deal with someone making a reasonable request if you want them to stay a happy customer.
                            ITA, if the account is right, the way I read it..I thought the OP wasn't allowed any ranch dressing at all..whether the paid or not LOL!

I also don't think the OP was as terrible as some think, slightly sucky..definitely; but, the cursing didn't seem like it was done in anger and more or less in a light tone.

I may be wrong but that's the way I interpreted it.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
                              I also don't think the OP was as terrible as some think, slightly sucky..definitely; but, the cursing didn't seem like it was done in anger and more or less in a light tone.

I may be wrong but that's the way I interpreted it.
                              I don't think you're wrong, i completely agree with you. And i'll leave it at that.
                              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                                I don't think you're wrong, i completely agree with you. And i'll leave it at that.
                                Thanks Like it was said before, it's impossible to read tone in posts and sometimes it's just left up to interpretation

Comment

Working...
                                X