This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhan - Deucalion

After watching the message Zhan quickly responds via sending a text response agreeing to meet and presses the button on the P.A. system, "Mando, Rowan, I'm going to need you to meet me outside the hold." He then leaves the bridge and speed walks to the rear of the ship, down the stairs and outside the ship's cargo bay doors.

Comment

• Rowan- Deucalion

Hearing the captain's summons, Rowan immediately excuses herself from the kitchen and makes her way briskly to the entrance to the cargo bay, arriving shortly after Zahn.

"Here I am, Captain. What are we doing?"

Comment

• Rear of the Deucalion

Mando soon arrives to meet with the captain as well. He doesn't bother to announce his arrival, being the laconic sort. He just cocks an eyebrow and waits to hear what the captain has to say.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Cargo hold of the Deucaleon
          Aidan "Wolf" McCuan slipped on his duster and hurried toward the market.

((reposted the last half of this so as to give others to post in reply to his initial actions... see below.))
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Tucker - Deucalion - Reading on the Bridge

Noticing the alert that the main hatch is open, Tucker checks to see who is leaving. When he notices Wolf he make a quick come to him, "Want some company Wolf? If not, no worries. Just let me know where yer fixin' ta be and how long. Wouldn't want the Cap'n to tear into ya again. Though if yer goin' where I expect then it shouldn't be a problem."

(ooc: If he answers yes assume they go together and Tucker is mostly unassuming and in the background.)
            Last edited by Chanlin; 02-18-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• two feet outside the cargo hold of the Deucaleon
              Aidan "Wolf" McCuan yelped as he jumped like a startled cat.
              The string of home-grown epithets would have indicated to a deaf man how startled Wolf had been. "Tucker! PLEASE! I beg you, PLEASE stop scaring me like that!! Sure, come with me... I could use an objective nose anyhow."

Haller Landing Markets -- Madam Pomfrey's Apothecary and Ambrosial Vapors
              Checking his hand-drawn map and the written address, Wolf and Tucker quickly found the store and walked in, the tinkling bell giving away their entrance.
              The short, nun-like woman greeted them warmly in a distinctly well-mannered tone. "Good evening, gentlemen. How may I assist you?"
              Wolf held up the vaporizer, "Juices for one of these, Madame Apothecary?"
              Pomfrey smiled, and pointed to the wall behind the two men where bottles of varying sizes, full of varying colors of fluid crammed the shelves. All manner of names described the assortment; names such as "Purple Grape" "Green Apple" "Gummybear" "High Roller" "Southern Comfort" "Gaelic Pipe-Leaf" "Purple Haze".
              Wolf tried several and, with Tucker's olfactory assistance, settled on "Gaelic Pipe-Leaf", the whiskey-reminiscent "Southern Comfort", and the smooth, largely odorless "High Tea".
              Based on how fast he'd gone through the last batch, Wolf purchased some 64 ml of each flavor, thanked Pomfrey and made his way back to the Deucaleon.
              "Tucker, thank you for abusing your nose like that."
              Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 02-18-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Tucker, Wolf - Before leaving the Deucalion

Tucker laughed, but cut the com before Wolf could hear. Back on com, "Be right down."

A minute or two later, "Sorry about that." Is all he says before they head out.

Haller Landing Markets -- Madam Pomfrey's Apothecary and Ambrosial Vapors

Tucker takes the time to genuinely smell each vapor oil. He had never been one to enjoy the habit himself, but his father had been fond of his pipe. Wolf might catch a wistful smile when he sniffs the "High Roller." His father had been fond of a similar blend, but back home on Londinum they called it "Patriot's Delight." Leave it to his father to be a smug bastard even when he was smoking.

"No problem." He replies to Wolf's thanks, "I enjoy the scent even if I don't enjoy the past time."

Comment

• "Be thankful. Worst habit I have."

Comment

• Zhan - Outside Deucalion

"You two bring your sidearms? We've got a meet and not enough time to scope it out beforehand. If we're walking in blind we shouldn't make it deaf and dumb too."

Comment

• Lizzie - Deucalion

Lizzie notices the ship empty, but thinks little of it. She heads to her quarters and flops on her bed to read one of her new books.
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• sama -deulican- her quarters

Sama places the small wooden box on her table in her quarters before plopping down pulling off her boots she wore while planetside then pulls opens a general connection to the (brain fart time...what ever they call the internet). She begins composing a nice long message to her parents, leaving out details on where exactly she is, but telling fun little details such as the antics of the crew she's with, and so on. She also inquires about them in general, telling them gushy things like she loves them and misses them, adding that they were leaving planet shortly so delays were to be expected.
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Deucalion ramp

When asked that question, Mando just gives the captain a level stare. He's got his big hump-off knife on one hip and his preferred heavy pistol on the other. Even on the ship, it's rare that Mando takes them off.

OOC: The term for the Internet in the 'Verse is the Cortex.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Rowan- Deucalion ramp

"Yes, sir. I figured we might be making another excursion tonight. Where's the meet?"

Comment

• Zhan - Outside Deucalion

"Good. By the docks, we have not scout out a nice safe localle and we don't have a lot of time to do so. Let's get moving."

Comment

• Haller Landing - Docks South Entrance Guard Post - Zhan, Rowan, Mando

When the captain and his two cohorts reach the guard post, the daylight is getting low. The guard post has one large building, serving as a small barracks for the local constabulary, with the offices/cells/etc. that go with that sort of thing. But it also has a wide open area in front of it, which during the day serves as a muster area for squads or patrols.

By this time of evening, it's relatively empty. There are a couple of tables set up under projected eaves from the building, and the whole thing is well-lit. The offices inside are buzzing with a changing shift, and there are a couple of officers leaned against the wall by the main entrance to the guard post.

Sitting at one of those aforementioned tables is an older man in a natty, if out-of-fashion, suit, complete with a cravate that went out of style ... well, to say it went out of style implies it was ever in style. His gray hair is balding and he sports a full, but trimmed beard. He is smiling gormlessly as he chats with one of the officers.

As Zhan, Rowan, and Mando approach, they'd hear the tail end of some story the old man is telling. Zhan would recognize the accent straight away.

"...so the jockey with one leg saying to the girl, 'Do not be worrying about me, sweetheart, I ride to side-saddle!" Syman Lerga says. The officer to whom he is telling this story immediately erupts into laughter, and even his fellow starts chuckling, trying to keep his composure.

Then the old man sees the approaching group and sits up a little more. "Ah! You are being from the Deucalion, yah?" (He mangles the pronunciation as 'Doo-ey-call-eye-on.') He looks between the three quizzically, "Capitan Coook is which?"

Comment

Working...
                                X