Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books you wouldn't have thought someone needed to write...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books you wouldn't have thought someone needed to write...

A small selection....

http://themetapicture.com/these-books-actually-exist/
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

The Right to Arm Bears is humorous SF stories set on a planet where the dominant nonhuman native is a large bearlike alien. It isn't actually about giving animals weapons.

[And I do know someone who as a for fun project collected the combings off her border collie, died them pink with koolaid and drop spin them into yarn and crocheted the results into a 'kerchief' for around the dog's neck in place of a bandanna. I always have joked that our cats leave enough hair laying around to knit another pet.]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I've actually seen several of these titles in my bookstore- Kat Kong is a children's book, Princess Bitchface is a real parenting book and Another Bullshit Night in Suck City is fiction (and my favorite title ever).
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        And I do know someone who as a for fun project collected the combings off her border collie, died them pink with koolaid and drop spin them into yarn and crocheted the results into a 'kerchief' for around the dog's neck in place of a bandanna.
        Fun fact: The original Cowichan (native tribe on B.C. coast) sweaters were knitted from dog fur - yep, their dogs shed A LOT when brushed, and they found a use for the sheddings. Mass-market copies, of course, are made from ordinary yarn.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Can't breathe....laughing too hard....

That cookbook! "You've Had Worse Things in Your Mouth"

And the baby one..."Give Baldy Your Tit"

When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Should look into a few of these

Comment

TOO funny! Thanks Kit. Loved the comment w/ Princess Bitchface: if the shoe fits....

Comment

The Chaucer (excrement) one reminded me of Filthy Shakespeare, a book I actually own. It's full of the naughty bits of his plays and such ^_^ Note - NOT a short book!

As for Chaucer himself...well, there's The Miller's Tale (I think that's which one it is)...It features a guy unwittingly getting a red-hot fireplace bellows shoved up his butt as he stood at a window where he "had gan forth for to pisse" ...The story itself, unless I'm mixing up my Tales, is a rollicking account of people playing musical beds in the middle of the night (married couple, their hot daughter, and two lusty young suitors), in what my prof called "The most well-written dirty joke in the history of English-language literarture" ^_^ She was a fun teacher.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The bomb proofing your horse book I can understand. Growing up with horses, I've always been told (as a little kid) the best kind of horse is a bomb proof one.

As for Cat Kong, *laughs* I grew up with that book along with Godzilla AND there was audio tape narration for the books too.

Comment

Working...
                  X