Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF? That idea (rightfully) died a while back.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? That idea (rightfully) died a while back.

According to the Consumerist, hands-free gas pumps are being tried again. Back when the idea was first proposed, I had wanted to test them out to see if they could handle a '93 Excel (flap over fuel door has a latch - not lock - intended to be turned by the ignition key) - would the robot be able to overcome this? I've now got a '96 Elantra, where the fuel door is released by a lever beside the drivers' seat. These pumps are BEGGING for SCs - "The robot is supposed to do everything - why do you expect ME to unlock the fuel door?".

Bonus from the Consumerist: That Damn Singing Fish (thread title on a long-dead board) finally proves to have some value.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I wonder if they figured out a way to make sure you have turned off your car and put out your cigarette?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

There aren't too many still on the road, but in the '60s and '70s it was common to have the filler behind the license plate. Also, one model (can't recall - was mentioned in a car mag around 20 years ago) had the filler on the rearmost pillar behind what looked like a (fixed) decorative louver. According to the article, that one left a number of service station attendants confused, unable to find it.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        I wonder if they figured out a way to make sure you have turned off your car and put out your cigarette?
        That and put down that ever loving cell phone.

Now that's a trick I'd like to see. You'd be surprised at the number of nimrods we see either smoking or on the phone while pumping gas.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Neither of which is likely to start a fire. Static shock, however, is a valid concern.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
          X