This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.... don't think that is covered.

Saw this email in the email queue. I didn't answer it (it was in the unhappy with service queue and other people take those) but I found it rather amusing....

SC's email:

"I was overseas and while there, the laptop got damaged. So when I got back to the states I brought my laptop into the nearest store as I have an accidental damage plan. A couple of days go by and I got a call saying the type of damage incurred is considered abuse and is not covered. What the hell, this is ridiculous! I will do whatever it takes to get my laptop repaired!"

Curious, I look at the service order under the guy's name. It read:

"Damage from bullets is considered abuse from the plan underwriter and is not covered. Service plan voided."

I laughed. Yep, gun bullets. I have a feeling I know what he was doing overseas. Ever hear the phrase "it looks like it's been through war?"

You can't be serious, (almost) any idiot knows that bullet holes are NOT covered in an accidental damage plan.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

I rebuilt a TRS-80 Model III that had been improperly addressed...
      Had an evidence tag on it: "Found x.y miles down Millard county road ## in gravel pit under red blanket"

12 gauge load of buckshot into CRT.

Damage: CRT, (1) floppy drive, (1) power supply.

Best scenario I can figure is some kids stole it, thought "I bet it'll make a neat noise if we shoot it.", shot and ran. If it had been an irate owner, they'd have shot more than once...

Kachunk. BOOM! *(^&#%(%(*
      Kachunk. BOOM! _+&^!&$%(
      Kachunk. BOOM! ?>}{^@(*()@
      Kachunk. BOOM! &(_^!)(+)*&!^
      Kachunk. BOOM! Ahhh. Relief.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I can indeed vouch for the Pb Therapy for mis-behaving computers or parts.

Did you know a .3030 can go through 2.5 2-platter hard drives and make a nice dent in a third?

Probably not warranty work.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
          . . . I have a feeling I know what he was doing overseas. Ever hear the phrase "it looks like it's been through war?"
          Whatever he does overseas, seems someone doesn't like it
          "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

When I worked at a call center for a well known camera and printer company, my training class was told they had 2 times something like that happened. 1 - A soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan sent his camera for repair with a note asking if anything could be done for him, such as a getting a deal on a new camera. This company sent him 2 brand new cameras without cost. He was honest as to what happened, and didn't want a free repair or a new one for free. 2 - This guy was in the US calls in with camera problems. Was told to send it for repairs. His repair under warranty was refused due to a bullet in the battery. I didn't get told what happened after that.

And no, I do not think all people who have that happen should get free replacements. Overall it depends on the company and how nice the person asking for service is..

Comment

Sadly my company is so rigid that even if he told the store that he was in combat and he used the laptop as a shield, they would still say "not covered" and refuse service.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                You can't be serious, (almost) any idiot knows that bullet holes are NOT covered in an accidental damage plan.
                They're also not considered a natural road hazard for the purposes of getting tyres replaced, I understand. (From the school of Holywood)

Comment

You should read into some of these service plans.

The service plan my company uses states:

Damage caused by war, insurrection, or rebellion is not covered.
                  Damaged caused by a nuclear detonation is not covered but damage from fires resulting from a nuclear explosion is.

It made no mention of an EMP, though (hmm, could they prove it was a nuclear click that killed it?)
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                  X