This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
    *Hands over 25c and a bottle cap on return to store* "No, don't count it, that would be OFFENSIVE..."
    And this is what they can do with that quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ebiwO4O70

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
      And this is what they can do with that quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ebiwO4O70
      I knew what that video was going to be before I clicked on it.

Comment

Hearing all these horror stories makes me really glad we only deliver during the day time. We used to deliver in the evening, but cut it off after too many negative tips, and problem deliveries (plus the driver usually had to come from the next town to take it).
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Posting mostly so OP will read my sig.

Sapphire Silk already explained the difference between right to work and at-will, so that's covered.

Please, please, please, always contact your local labor commission/board/bureau/division with any questions you have. Your taxes pay for these agencies, so use them. Most of the time, unless you're looking at over $10,000 in recovery, an attorney isn't going to be interested. They have their own bills to pay, and unless something egregious has occurred, the odds of covering their own fees are really, really low. But you can still get legal information from the state.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Okay... NEW story!

#1...
            Guy calls in SATURDAY NIGHT at 12:59.45pm and asks, "Water yer speshls?"
            I tell him (omitting our CARRYOUT ONLY M-TH $7.99 special) but he barks, "You gotchersef a $799 speshel! I want that'n! And I wanner 'liv'ry!!
            Sir, that's our M-Th CAR_RY_OUT_ON_LY special.
            YOU MEAN T' TELL ME YOU AIN'T GONNA LIVER MY DAMN LARGE W 3 TOPPINGS FER $7 fucking 99 CUZ ITS A SATURDAY?!
            Yessir.
            WELL YOU! I'LL find me a pizza joint gonna gimme a special ternight! CLICK

Cruisin' along... 3 miles over the number... coming back from a double-delivery.
            Mind you, THREE miles over the number. That's 38mph in a 35 zone. THREE miles over the limit. Allowable, correct?
            WRONG!
            Blue lights and the bwip-bwip!
            !!!
            I pull over, turn on my interior lights, retrieve my license from my back pocket, and my registration from under the visor, and wait.
            Officer asks, "Son, I got a question."
            "Yessir, Officer?"
            Officer DUMBSHIT asks me the following:

"What are your specials tonight, and can I put in my order with you and pick it up at 11 when my partner and I get off?"

my response: "HUH?!"

yup, I got blue-lighted so the idiot cop could ask me about the company's specials!!
            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 07-02-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
              No. No. And NO. Being responsible for a till in a grocery store, you bet your ass I count whatever they give me, ESPECIALLY if they tell me what they handed me. Do I care if they are offended? Ummmm, No. Management gets a lot more offended with till shortages & I get a lot more offended if I get written up because it.

Fuck that noise.
              I'm a cashier myself, and when I have to get change, you bet I'm counting it myself, no matter WHO hands it to me and says he/she counted it, be it lead, supervisor, or store manager. If I'm responsible for that money, I need to be keeping VERY close track of it.

As a customer, I don't mind at all having the cashier/driver count what I hand him/her. I do make mistakes at times, and whether that mistake would be to my benefit or not, I want it corrected.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
                yup, I got blue-lighted so the idiot cop could ask me about the company's specials!!
                But no ticket, I hope! (I see ossifers around here putting on their blue lights all the time so they don't have to wait at red lights. They roll through - stopping traffic at the town's main intersection in all four directions- and then a block later, pull into the local fried-chicken stand.)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  All in all, out over 3 grand that I know of...When I complained, he just changed to taking out deductions without listing them on my paycheck. Unfortunately, I was never able to get an lawyer interested int he case -- probably too low a payout to make it worth their while (Punitive Damages do not exist in Louisiana, so it was face value + court fees at best)
                  That really sucks. Most folks can't afford to lose three grand like that. And it's not just the money, your boss showed you no consideration and proved that he's untrustworthy. The Big Guys make the rules and the Little Guy ends up eating the cost.

Back to the original post, I agree with everyone else. You've got rights, even if your boss says otherwise. Count out the money, document everything. If you let people walk all over you, they'll never stop.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Please tell me you got his badge number. That's not something that should be encouraged and he should be reported.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Okay, THAT is totally unacceptable and I hope you reported that asshole...it's as bad as stopping a pretty girl just to ask her for a date, a gross abuse of a police officer's duties. Plus, what if you were on the day to make a delivery instead of coming back from one? Then your customer would end up suffering from something totally out of your control, and would probably end up complaining about not getting his pizza quick enough!

Comment

Geez. Official misconduct much?
                        Last edited by MadMike; 07-03-2014, 03:04 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So, are you going to call that the Blue Light Special?
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yall, saying "unacceptable" but where I am from it is completely normal.

My former boss was pulled over so the Officer could ask if her Grandson was playing in the big game that night, they chatted for a few minutes then they left. (dang, that sentence just screamed small town).
                            It did not bother her in the least, and I can only think of a couple people it would bother in town (but I can not see anyone 'wanting' to talk to them in the first place).
                            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

At least the officer didn't ask him to buy tickets to the Policeman's Ball.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

ah... SC's...
                                I took three calls last night... all "Specials Inquiry"s...

"Yeah, wha're yer speshals?"
                                *give them the Specials (Like I'm supposed to)*
                                "Uh, yeah, that 2-topping medium, is that a medium?"
                                "Yessir."
                                "Is it two toppin's?"
                                "Yessir..."
                                "Can I get TWO?"
                                ((What I'm thinking)) NO! THAT"S THE FUCKING DEAL YOU DUMBASS FUCKTARD REDNECK BACKWOODS HICK!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X