This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soda, Red Bull & Gatorade Thief

The other day, the store director and assistant store were paged to the front. It turned out that someone was trying to steal a cart full of items which involved 12 pack sodas, 4 pack red bulls, 12 pack red bulls, and Gatorade that was sold in an 8 pack. The front end manager rang up the items with the Loss Prevention Employee standing there to see how much money would've been lost. I ended up putting away the items after they were rung up.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Sounds like the Meat Lady who was caught in the supermarket trying to run out the door with a trolleyload of, yep, you guessed it, meat. Her excuse? "My kids are starving!" Kinda hard to feel sorry for her when she was dressed in designer clothes and was trying to steal fillet steak.

Wonder what the energy drink thief was planning? O_o The mind boggles.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Sounds like the Meat Lady who was caught in the supermarket trying to run out the door with a trolleyload of, yep, you guessed it, meat. Her excuse? "My kids are starving!" Kinda hard to feel sorry for her when she was dressed in designer clothes and was trying to steal fillet steak.
      An entire trolley full of fillet mignon? How many kids does she have?!
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Sounds like the Meat Lady who was caught in the supermarket trying to run out the door with a trolleyload of, yep, you guessed it, meat. Her excuse? "My kids are starving!"
        I hate the "my kids are starving!" excuse...this isn't the Great Depression, there are ways to keep your children fed without resorting to thievery (not that this woman was stealing these steaks to feed her children, of course).

Comment

I could understand the "my kids are starving" excuse if she were stealing a couple boxes of Kraft Dinner, but a whole trolley of premium cuts of meat?
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Maybe he was planning to go Great Cornholio on someone?

Good job catching that one. Hope he enjoys his stay at the luxurious Greybar Hotel!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              ... but a whole trolley of premium cuts of meat?
              Maybe she's an upper-class thief...>_>

"Strip steak? Pork chops? Ground chuck?!? You expect me to steal mere chuck?! What an insult! I...I can't even..." *faints dead away*
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Did she have a getaway van out front? How was she expecting to load all the meat while being chased by LP? Did she think they wouldn't chase her when she passed the threshold?

Some people . . . .
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                  Did she have a getaway van out front? How was she expecting to load all the meat while being chased by LP? Did she think they wouldn't chase her when she passed the threshold?

Some people . . . .
                  Perhaps a getaway limo...

Reminds me of a family around here that became well known for having something like 10 kids and were on various govnt aid programs. The woman was caught going around town at Thanksgiving time getting a free turkey from each and every food pantry she could find. When caught she had no fewer than 17 turkeys in the car.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                    Some stores have policies that forbid employees from chasing after shoplifters after they leave the store.

Comment

Not ours.

I didn't hear any more explanations, as Meat Lady was promptly carted off upstairs to await the arrival of the old bill.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sounds like a reseller to me.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          Sounds like a reseller to me.
                          Good possibility. We used to have problems with folks stealing baby formula by the cartload and running out the door with it quite a few years ago. Turns out they were taking it to local flea markets and selling it.

Put the baby formula behind the kiosk behind locked plexiglass doors and now customers HAVE to ask for it at the counter.

Currently we now have single packs of Kool Aid behind the counter now. We were missing around $1000 worth of that stuff on our last inventory so now customers have to ask for it at the cash register now.

If the thievery keeps on, we may have to move the air fresheners to behind the counter as well. We've already taken out single cans of Red Bull off the shelf (missing over 200 of the 8.3 oz singles and almost 100 of the 12 oz size) so now we just have 4 pks and 12 pks.

Yes, we are also losing our asses on those damned air freshener refills (scented oil ones in particular.) We only have one of each on the shelf now and every day we're finding empty packages.

But we're not allowed to even approach anyone we see ripping us off. Our company policy forbids us to even speak to them about it, let alone chase them down. Only ones now I see getting caught are on the shifts where a contracted LP guy comes by and hang out for a few hours but his days/shifts vary each week. When he's not there, it's pretty much open season.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X