Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because I asked for the modem model #....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hackers. Classic film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efhrCxI4J0
    Last edited by Chromatix; 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I loved that movie. So full of holes, but loved it the same. It didn't dawn on me until this year that it was a (very) young Angalina Jolie in that flick.

I don't agree with the user's actions, but I do get the frustration.

Our story begins with the replacement of a Nook HD+. I've dealt with B&N's replacement before as I had to have my original Nook Color replaced way back in the day. The Color was done through online chat. However, it seems you can only do warranty replacements over the phone anymore. Alright, no big deal.

Queue me calling a rep in order to get this thing done. The HD+ in question will not boot. It's dead Jim, and there's nothing to be done for it. It just simply will not charge and based on some googling around a replacement is the only avenue. I happily went through the prompts from the rep, until we get to this point in the conversation.

Rep: OK sir, it seems you need a new charge cable. We'll ship one out right away.

ME: Nope. I bought one today at the B&N store. I've tried with both cables, multiple power bricks, and several computers over USB. It will not charge.

Rep: I'm sorry to hear that sir. Could you possibly hard reset the device?

ME: (in my head, Really? Have you not heard a thing I said leading up to this point in the conversation??). It won't turn on. Not now, not when connected to power, not ever. I cannot do a hard reset as it WILL NOT TURN ON.

Rep: I'm sorry to hear that sir, it sounds like you need a replacement...

Maybe this person in the OP had the above type conversation just enough times to finally through a breaker and refuse to co-operate?
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Well, mine's screwed to the back of my desk. I'd have to drag the desk away from the wall, then unhook it from the screws.

Or I could just remember that it's a Westell 7500. (Piece of crap that it is.)

(OK, I cheated, I admit: I went to the modem config page and looked it up.)
        I had to call Blue Ball tech support so many times on my old router that I had the model memorized: Westell 327W.

Last time I had to call, come to find out the Westell was way out of date (by about 5 years) and they no longer supported it (by this time I had that router for almost 6 years - that was what HellSouth sent me when we signed back up before they merged with BlueBall.)

Now I have a Netgear 7550 wireless . . . and it turned out b/c I had the old router for so long and it was outdated, I qualified for a new one - free.

We got the Westell up and running long enough to hold us until the Netgear came in - and after about a half hour with Tech Support to finish the installation on that one, we had it up and running. No problems out of it since and no more calls to Tech Support - so far. *knock on wood*

So see, had she been cooperative with the tech person on the phone, it could have been to her benefit. As it was, she may have very well cut her nose off to spite her face.

I hope she can sleep well at night with her principles keeping her warm.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X