This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au Revoir! Sucky Motor Club!

Effective today, we no longer take calls for you!

Seems the owner sat down, added it up, and since the 1st of the year, you have refused to pay us for $4,000 worth of our services, for the following reasons.

- Cannot find corresponding PO in your system, despite the fact we have your fax right here and can fax/mail/email you a copy that HAS the PO right ON it. Unless you think we're forging these in a backroom, where do you think these faxes with YOUR NAME ON THEM are coming from?! Nope, your Master Computer says there's no PO, so we don't get paid, and apparently, if we kept pestering you, we'll only make Master Computer angry, and it might request your firstborn, again, so your decision is final, matter is closed, don't bug you again........ Really? REALLY!?

- Have wrong towing company assigned. We got the fax, but, under the "Provider" field it has "A-1 Towing" listed. Attempts to call customer help line and inform you of this mistake went nowhere, as you "cannot find a PO for us". Yes, we know, it's mislisted for someone else! No, we can't have them call you, A-1 Towing went out of business last month, when the cops rolled up and hauled the owner/operator out of there in a nice new pair of shiny bracelets..... don't do/deal meth kids, it's a super bad idea! Of course, since you won't reissue us a PO, when we submit the claim, it bounced back, "No PO for this in our system = no pay and we don't want to hear you whining about it"

- Not paying for mileage because your records say it's 10 miles from us to "Sometown", when it's really 20, and up to 35 since anyone who has their mail delivered by the post office in "sometown" is considered to live there. Thus is how life works where there aren't enough people to incorporate a municipality. The CUSTOMER told you that, WE told you that, GPS it, the GPS will tell you that.... nope, we say 10 miles (as the crow files) so that's all you get.

Okay, fine, that's how you want to play it........ this contract with you? It's effin' CONFETTI now!

SO LONG DRACULA! IF I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU AGAIN, IT'LL BE TOO SOON!
    Last edited by Argabarga; 06-03-2014, 03:53 AM.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Any bets on how long they will continue to call you anyway?

Comment

I never make bets when the probability of a given outcome is this close to 1.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        I never make bets when the probability of a given outcome is this close to greater than 1.
        Fixed it for you.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ultimate pwanage! Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of cheapass morons.

Somehow I do see them continuing to call, at least you can laugh in their face before hanging up on them.

I think this will come back and haunt them a lot quicker than they figure...

Comment

Greater then 1 sounds right.

Perhaps instead, a betting pool on the following.
            How many times Sucky Motor Club will call?
            When the first call from them will be?
            When the last call from them will be?

I place 3 'internets' on 4 times.
            I place 5 'internets' on June 4, in the Afternoon.
            I place 2 'internets' on July 22.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              Greater then 1 sounds right.

Perhaps instead, a betting pool on the following.
              How many times Sucky Motor Club will call?
              When the first call from them will be?
              When the last call from them will be?
              They're going to probably go down the list, and keep you on the list, like they have for A-1. So the first one is Infinity. Minimum of four times for the same client though.

They will first call in a few hours. June 3rd.

Last call? They'll keep arga's company on the list. Permanently. I bet though they might try and say they'll fix the PO.

Comment

Oh, almost forgot.

Another one they denied us was because someone's finger slipped or something and knocked the data out of a field, because when the fax came in, the "Date of service" was listed as 1/1/14. Somehow, it had defaulted to the first of the year.

Even though the header on the fax showed the time we received it was on 5/14/14, they denied it because we "waited more than 30 days to submit".

Uh, no we didn't, we submitted it on 5/20/14.....

Yes, but, we gave that call to you on 1/1/14

No, you didn't, the driver can tell you that's not right... the CUSTOMER never called you wondering where their service they asked for 4 months ago went, THEY can tell you that's not right... no matter, your infallible Mighty Computer says it went out on 1/1, so that's it!

I think a lot of this goes down to the fact they don't want to admit their system, which they probably paid a lot for, is prone to making more mistakes than they'd like.

The salesman who sold them their software told them it was INFALLIBLE so by golly that's how they'll treat it!

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

The salesman who sold them their software told them it was INFALLIBLE so by golly that's how they'll treat it!
                  Pretty sure there's a maxim somewhere that's essentially - 'garbage in = garbage out'
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Pete Seeger sang it...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just curious -- Is your boss bothering to go to the trouble of calling in a Collection agency on this one? Your paperwork showing work done for them is all it should take
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

These guys are scam artists. They're making excuses not to pay when they know they should pay.

Your boss is right to dump them, and now that he has he should seek some kind of legal payback. Make 'em sweat even if he never sees an actual dime of what he's owed.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                          I place 2 'internets' on July 22.
                          You forgot the year... which I'd say is probably going to be 2022.

If it's the same one Arga's been writing about, they've ticked off all the others and this was likely the very last towing company working for them in that area... I foresee much whining from that company!
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I'm stunned at how they thought they could so flippantly deny your claims. That is essentially stealing service from your company.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

They've got an idiot in the bean-counting department who is on a mission to reduce expendatures in any way possible. With complete disregard for the health ofmthe actual business.

Too bad for their customers.
                              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
                              X