This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mhkohne View Post
    With complete disregard for the health of the actual business.
    I'd say he's got plenty of regard for the bottom line of the business he works for...As for the places they contract out to? Pff! Screw 'em.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Glad yer company dropped these con artists, Arga ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post

The salesman who sold them their software told them it was INFALLIBLE so by golly that's how they'll treat it!
      Sadly, the software didn't tell the guy to go outside and fix the AE-35 unit....

Comment

Well when you tell your software to do one thing always and then turn around and tell it to do something AGAINST that very thing...things are bound to happen.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Wh-wh-WHAAAT?! Arga, you and your colleagues dared to question the word of Our Friend The Computer!?

Report for immediate disintegration!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            Wh-wh-WHAAAT?! Arga, you and your colleagues dared to question the word of Our Friend The Computer!?

Report for immediate disintegration!
            Die commie-mutant-traitor!

Comment

Quoth minchazo View Post
              Die commie-mutant-traitor!

"End of line, Tron."
              Last edited by Dave1982; 06-04-2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

The salesman who sold them their software told them it was INFALLIBLE so by golly that's how they'll treat it!
                Hmmm, so the company that made our ad system software made theirs, too?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You know I am torn between your company sending a lawyer to sue for your money,....

Cannot find corresponding PO in your system, despite the fact we have your fax right here and can fax/mail/email you a copy that HAS the PO right ON it. Unless you think we're forging these in a backroom, where do you think these faxes with YOUR NAME ON THEM are coming from?! Nope, your Master Computer says there's no PO, so we don't get paid, and apparently, if we kept pestering you, we'll only make Master Computer angry, and it might request your firstborn, again, so your decision is final, matter is closed, don't bug you again........ Really? REALLY!?
                  or dressing Twitch in a Tron Guy costume and sending him to get your money and destroy the MCP as well.
                  "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I really look forward to the post where they call you, because they just can't believe you would do that to them, and you tell them to go pound sand...

If they want you to do it, they give you back monies owed (by your accounting), pre-pay for $10,000 worth of services with that amount never to drop below $9000. If it does, the contract is cancelled and you retain the balance.

What? Those terms are unacceptable? Well, so is the way you deal with us. And quite frankly, you need us more than we need you.
                    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                      Well when you tell your software to do one thing always and then turn around and tell it to do something AGAINST that very thing...things are bound to happen.

Daisy ... Daisy ...

Comment

As preparation for the inevitable call from Deadbeat Motor Club, would it be feasible for the boss to put together a one page list of the unpaid services? Something that could be read and/or faxed to DMC as a response.

Comment

Sounds amazingly similar to the pitch my bosses at The Bar got for our old new computer system. You guys remember that system? The one that I went on an epic rant about right here on this site? The one that was so bad from day one until 15 months later when we ditched it that we actually ditched it in favor of the old computer system we'd had before it? Yeah....that piece of shit.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Seems the owner sat down, added it up, and since the 1st of the year, you have refused to pay us for $4,000 worth of our services,
                            And you haven't taken these scumbags to court because...? (Hopefully because the owner is preparing a prosecution case against them?)
                            Nothing made by human beings is infallible! Human beings are highly imperfect, very fallible creatures; how can an imperfect creature make a perfect system?
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                              Pretty sure there's a maxim somewhere that's essentially - 'garbage in = garbage out'
                              There's this quote from Charles Babbage that seems appropriate.
                              "On two occasions, I have been asked, by members of Parliament, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Sadly nothing appears to have changed in the last 150 years since he died.
                              Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                                Sadly, the software didn't tell the guy to go outside and fix the AE-35 unit....
                                • Open the pod bay door, HAL.
                                • I can't do that, Dave.

I just rewatched that movie yesterday.
                                Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                                OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                                she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                                Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
                                X