This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, maybe check first...

So I play Dungeons & Dragons about once a week with my partner and some of his coworkers. Both of their conference rooms (which we use) allow for people to hook their laptops up to the projector via chromecast - this is important. (They're a webhosting company fwiw)

Well, one particular week, our group and ANOTHER group were running DnD sessions in the different conference rooms.

During our session, our DM was having difficulty hooking up to the Chromecast to be able to bring up the map for our campaign among other things. He'd get it up, only for it to then go down after a few minutes. Lather, rinse, repeat a few times.

Then when someone from the other group came out to visit the kitchen, our DM suddenly realised that the other group actually existed and that they might be using the Chromecast. To check if this was the case, he private messaged the other DM via the companies Slack channel.

This got confirmed a few minutes later when a collective groan ensued from down the hall, loud enough that we could all hear it

Is there some limitation as to how many channels nearby chromecasts can have? That sounds like a potential problem for a lot of people.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Is there some limitation as to how many channels nearby chromecasts can have? That sounds like a potential problem for a lot of people.
      I think it was more that the DM was used to running it in one room and hadn't properly configured it. There are options in both rooms for people to plug their gear in if needed.

Comment

Working...
      X