This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave the pizza restaurant the wrong address

I was ordering food online. I have two addresses saved. One for work the other for my home. I was ordering from work, but wasn't paying attention and had it delivered to my home. I got a call from the driver.

Driver: Is this Hero?
    Me: Yes
    Driver: This is driver from Pizza. Is your address [Home]?
    Me: Oops it is, but I meant to have it delivered to my work. Is [Work] still on your route?
    Driver: Kind of. I'll be right there.

He shows up about 5 minutes later. I wonder how often this happens as I'm usually very careful about this sort of thing.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

It happens more frequently than it should. But then again some people have trouble with just ONE address (their home address) see a few of my posts and you will understand.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Where am I?

Out th-e-e-r-r-r-e...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Hah, I know the feeling... recently I made a hotel reservation, didn't check the auto-fill and they called my mom to confirm. Oops.

Comment

That can also happen if you've moved a few times in the past couple of years and have multiple addresses saved. Sometimes right after a move I've had to think for a few seconds before I remembered which address to use, and that was when I was rested. Add fatigue or alcohol (or in Colorado, where I live, weed) to the mix and I bet pizza drivers get the wrong address all the time. Racket_Man slings pizza and he says it happens a lot, at least.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Sounds like you handled that well, Hero...especially if you gave a bit extra in the tip.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X