Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I found a better way to represent Doyle's accent in typed form that is far less offensive than the sort of stage Irish type accent he's been using. So no when he slips back to the accent, it hasn't changed, but the way I'm typing it has.

Torchwood should so be cannon

Comment

• May have to autopilot Fred for a bit. Really not feeling well, and surgery is the 9th. May be a bit before I am able to post.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
        Torchwood should so be cannon
        I agree. I have no idea if Terry's 'other job' (Ghostbusters) could be considered canon, if not I'm sure I can come up with another way to justify her bizarre knowledge.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• if GHOSTBUSTERS is NOT cannon, then NONE of this whole RP makes any sense.

Comment

• Kabe, please auto Fred..for the partner he has currently (Jay I believe) I am sorry but as you know, going to be away for a bit. If Fred can not be auto'd..I can post a quick but powerful vision that puts him out of commission for a bit. (Ie puts him into a Coma before he can reveal the vision).
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sorry, we went on a trip to Boston and I didn't get around to announcing it beforehand.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
              I agree. I have no idea if Terry's 'other job' (Ghostbusters) could be considered canon, if not I'm sure I can come up with another way to justify her bizarre knowledge.
              I don't think you'll get the full setup (the traps and containment tank, etc), but there are definitely spirit ENs, and Ghostbusters-style ghosts fit the setting just fine. Given that, using technology to detect, track, and drive away spirits would fit. It just probably wouldn't look too much like the movie. Reason being, I don't like to exclude any real things from my near-real-world settings, because it gets too easy to accidentally refer to things that didn't happen. And if the gear worked just like it did in the Dan Aykroyd movie, it would just be too strange to have pop culture get something like that exactly right.

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post
              if GHOSTBUSTERS is NOT cannon, then NONE of this whole RP makes any sense.
              How is that?

Quoth Mytical View Post
              Kabe, please auto Fred..for the partner he has currently (Jay I believe) I am sorry but as you know, going to be away for a bit. If Fred can not be auto'd..I can post a quick but powerful vision that puts him out of commission for a bit. (Ie puts him into a Coma before he can reveal the vision).
              I have a few things in mind. I'll send you a PM, and do the post if you can reply to it. If not, I'll just include a brief auto post in with the rest of the update describing his collapse.
              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 05-08-2012, 01:48 AM.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Yeah, while Terry does have direct access to all of the technical blueprints it might not be possible to replicate much more than the detection gear; in any event, experience could definitely be useful (feel free to take advantage of that as you see fit).

Maya may or may not be a spirit caught in a wolfdog's body due to a summoning that one of her team members screwed up (long story).
                Last edited by Dreamstalker; 05-08-2012, 01:07 PM.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• alright guys I'm out of town again...in florida visiting MORE family.

should be back in town and payable to fully post after thursday.
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Sorry about the response lag... I have been HEAVILY embroiled in Diablo 3.

Comment

• I got him addicted when I said "well since your house sitting for me this week, heres my sign in info try out the game while I'm gone"
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Sarlon, you know you're not supposed to do that.

It makes people disappear =P
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• dear kettle,

I'm not sure how to adress this....but its reguarding your current color.

yours,
                          Pot

Comment

• I'm at least trying to keep Kabe posting.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I've been posting some. I'm just trying to remember my plot ideas because contrary to Sarlon's comments in IC, I don't actually have any notes for this game. Well, I do, but they're just these. As far as plot goes, I more have a general idea and a few points I want to hit. Also, I'm getting full-time hours at work right now, so there's that. And been looking up some anime series I saw in AMV Hell 5. Current one is High School of the Dead. And also I'm lazy.

And for the record, Black is mistaken. The spider monster does not have tentacles. Instead, it has more spiders.

This is what happens when your GM style is "throw random character comments out there, then adjust reality to match."

Another big part of my GM style is "chaos is neat" but surely that has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, just on my lunch so I don't really have time for an IC post, but I should be active this evening. I think I've finally settled on what I'm doing with some things.
                              Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM.
                              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                                This is what happens when your GM style is "throw random character comments out there, then adjust reality to match."

Another big part of my GM style is "chaos is neat" but surely that has nothing to do with it.
                                I tend to agree, but it does sometimes help to have a general plot in mind and gently guide things long that path. That's what I'm doing in my own game here on the boards. Speaking of which, I should go make another GM post there.
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X